Got a new LED HDTV today...

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
It's my first 1080p set. A Sharp Aquos 46" set. Paid $1,500 out the door and got a Sharp Blu Ray thrown in for free.

Anyhow, it's showing my DirecTV programming and DVRed shows as coming up 720p. Is that what most of them are broadcast in?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Not just a TV, or an HDTV, but an LED HDTV! :twitch:

LOL! :p

Have fun with it :bigthumbup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: xan_user

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Ya, most show are in 720p. There are some shows in 1080i, but doesn't really look any better than 720p. There are a few movies on Directv shown in 1080p though. I have a Samsung 46" TV and I think 1080p isn't a big difference from 720p, but there is some difference. I think video games (PS3) do look better in 1080p.

So how do you like it? If you're a big football fan like me, there's nothing better than watching a game in crystal clear HD.

PS, you are using a HDMI cable right?

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Ya, most show are in 720p. There are some shows in 1080i, but doesn't really look any better than 720p. There are a few movies on Directv shown in 1080p though. I have a Samsung 46" TV and I think 1080p isn't a big difference from 720p, but there is some difference. I think video games (PS3) do look better in 1080p.

So how do you like it? If you're a big football fan like me, there's nothing better than watching a game in crystal clear HD.

PS, you are using a HDMI cable right?

Oh yeah, HDMI for sure. Last night's Colts/Pats game looked great.

I was upgrading from a 32" 720p LCD set. Big difference.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I've been eyeing/eying (both eying and eyeing are right but neither looks good) an LED TV. I have an LED laptop and love the display.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
It's my first 1080p set. A Sharp Aquos 46" set. Paid $1,500 out the door and got a Sharp Blu Ray thrown in for free.

Anyhow, it's showing my DirecTV programming and DVRed shows as coming up 720p. Is that what most of them are broadcast in?

Dude, hit us with the specs.

Width?
Contrast Ratio?
Refresh Rate?

how the F is a new 46" LED come with a blu ray player for $1,500. That is mega cheap.

Anyway, hit us with all the specs. Oh, and please feel free to add all the manufacturers made up jargon like "dynamic graphics engine" and something like "Advance color genetics." My dream job would be to make up that kind of crap for manufacturers. Just make up cool and impressive sounding phrases that are utterly meaningless.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
"RNA enabled processing with improved progressive finalizer"---That sounds impressive as hell.

Is that the turbo version or standard pneumatic fluid dynamic multiplier?

I mean, either way, it's cool.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Is that the turbo version or standard pneumatic fluid dynamic multiplier?

I mean, either way, it's cool.

Nothing standard about this baby--It has the Enhanced Pheumatic Fluid multiplier with fewer movable parts!!! The less movable parts, the less likely it breaks!!

That is another thing I can hear salespeople on the floor talking about "this baby, this baby right here has 19% fewer moveable parts so this thing isn't gonna break down on ya during the big game."

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
"this baby, this baby right here has 19% fewer moveable parts so this thing isn't gonna break down on ya during the big game."

The Eagles have fewer movable parts (due to injuries) but they still break down on me during the big game.

HEY OOOH!!

Now with hypertronic engine wear resistors..... lol, I love those Castrol commercials.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Now with hypertronic engine wear resistors..... lol, I love those Castrol commercials.

this is what I'm talking about. Theguy that came up with this probably got paid millions and it is entirely unprovable and really doesn't make sense. A lot of people have their gifts and this is mine--coming up with cool sounding shiz that makes no sense.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Dude, hit us with the specs.

Width?
Contrast Ratio?
Refresh Rate?

how the F is a new 46" LED come with a blu ray player for $1,500. That is mega cheap.

LOL. I'll try and look up some other specs.

Retail on the TV was $1599. We got approved for a $1500 credit line, so the salesman got a manager to drop the price so that it would fit. $1482 for both including tax, 24 months same as cash.

HH Gregg is a newish electronics retailer. Kind of like Best Buy, but with no CDs or DVDs and add beds and haggling on prices.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
LOL. I'll try and look up some other specs.

Retail on the TV was $1599. We got approved for a $1500 credit line, so the salesman got a manager to drop the price so that it would fit. $1482 for both including tax, 24 months same as cash.

HH Gregg is a newish electronics retailer. Kind of like Best Buy, but with no CDs or DVDs and add beds and haggling on prices.

Yeah, man--hit me with the specs. I love specs.

Usually, things like contrast ratio is right on the box.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
46" LED (45.984375" diagonal size) TV with Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution for the sharpest picture possible

UltraBrilliant LED system includes a unique "double-dome" light amplifier lens and multi-fluorescents, enabling high brightness and color purity. The system features full array of LEDs evenly dispersed behind a diffuser, resulting in more uniformity

Full HD 1080p X-Gen LCD panel with 10-bit processing is designed with advanced pixel control to minimize light leakage and wider aperture to let more light through, providing the industry's highest contrast level (Spectral Contrast Engine MC).

120Hz Fine Motion Enhanced for the ultimate in fast-motion picture quality

Wide 176 Degree Viewing Angles - Sharp AQUOS LCD TV viewing angles are so wide, you can view the TV clearly from practically anywhere in the room

AQUOS LINK™ enables convenient control of AQUOS Blu-ray Disc™ players

High Brightness (450 cd/m²) - AQUOS LCD TVs are very bright. You can put them virtually anywhere – even near windows, doors or other light sources – and the picture is still vivid
AQUOS Net delivers customized Internet content and live customer support via Ethernet, viewable in widget, full-screen or split-screen mode

USB Photo Viewer with Music Player enables enjoyment of high-resolution digital JPEG images and MP3 music files

More features

100,000 hours LED life (The typical period of time after which the lamp's power output will have decreased by about half, given that the AQUOS LCD TV is used continuously in a 77 degree Fahrenheit room under standard lighting and brightness conditions)

20 watts audio system (10 watts x 2)

ATSC/QAM/NTSC tuning system

16:9 aspect ratio

4 milliseconds response time

Energy Star® qualified model - Consumes 90 watts, exceeding Energy Star® guidelines by 63 percent

Inputs and Outputs

4 HDMI™ inputs (version 1.3 with deep color)

2 HD component inputs (1080p compatible)

One 15-pin D-sub PC input

One 4-pin DIN S-video input

2 composite video input (audio/video)

One RS-232C

4 RCA L/R audio inputs

Reactions: Vargas