got a home dock for SL2, no fm transmitter?

redmenter

Oct 2, 2009
Hello,
So i finally got a home dock for my SL2 , but now i do not understand, why can i not get the FM transmitter to work? Dont tell me after paying $50 for the home dock, it doesnt even have the same capabilities as my $50 car dock????? please tell me i am wrong !! How do i get the FM to transmit ??

thank you

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hello,
So i finally got a home dock for my SL2 , but now i do not understand, why can i not get the FM transmitter to work? Dont tell me after paying $50 for the home dock, it doesnt even have the same capabilities as my $50 car dock????? please tell me i am wrong !! How do i get the FM to transmit ??

thank you

You would need a car dock to get a weak FM transmission. An after market version will be stronger anyways.

Thank the RIAA for that one. You'll need an aftermarket FM transmitter.

The FCC actually. The RIAA does not care who you disrupt as long as you don't get free music.

redmenter

Oct 2, 2009
thanks,, i guess... arggg.
so what would someone recommend to buy? i saw one for like $100 ? i hope i can find a cheaper basic fm transmitter for the house? any help appreciated.

thanks

redmenter

Oct 2, 2009
i understand line in,,, need it to listen on some other radios around the house, in other rooms !

thanks

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
All good.
Sounds like you want to be able to wander around your place and listen to the same thing on different radios throughout at the same time.

Something like this checks in under $100
Sonos

I know some guys here have the Sonos set-up, but not too sure about the other.

redmenter

Oct 2, 2009
wow, so an audio cable is much better huh???haha? i am not sure how else to say this, i do not, do not, do not, do not want to run an audio cable, i have different radios in different rooms around the house, and in the garage,,, my old starmate with the built in transmitter worked fine on all my radios, and in the garage. so all i want is whatever cheap ass transmitter that ol starmate had built in for free !!! im not asking for quality, i will run the ALL MIGHTY cable to my home stereo when i want proper sound, but i want all my other radios to work.... so i hope this explained it better?

ohh wait, should i just get a cable, cause its better quality???? arggggggggggggg!!hahaha

thanks

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
CCrane FM transmitter. Any frequency. Adjustable power. Stereo. AC or battery option for portability.

electrostatictom

Oct 15, 2008
I've used this with my S50 for six years now

This was discussed years ago on Sirius Backstage concerning the S50.
Go here :
Don’t Buy Any FM Transmitter Until You’ve Seen Our FM Transmitter - Whole House FM Transmitter.com

I bought this when I got my S50 way back when Howard started. It's been working great ever since. I can get a signal a block away. you can see it in the upper left corner of the picture below: