Gordon 50 pts 50k penalty

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
R Gordon docked 50 points for failed inspection - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

will someone explain to me why a part that is wrong on a 3rd place finishing car gets one fourth the penalty of another driver that also had a wrong part yet finished 43rd. I dont see how NASCAR can with a straight face call Gordons penalty fair in the face of carl longs 200pt 200k penalty.

"Fair" is where you go to get funnel cakes and elephant ears.
"Fair" is the area between first and third base.
"Fair" is probably not in the glossary of the Rule Book.

I agree!

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
of course i'm sure many of you will think i'm wrong, but i obviously believe nascar has a thing against robby, but that's just my thoughts.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
of course i'm sure many of you will think i'm wrong, but i obviously believe nascar has a thing against robby, but that's just my thoughts.

Impossible(i actually wanted to use a different word here that rhymes with bull spit). If NASCAR had something against Robby they would have given him the exact same penalty they gave Carl Long. But they didn't.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
Isnt there like a major no no with certain things like the engines and fuel. Im not saying its right or wrong, but maybe thats the difference in nascar's egghead.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Impossible(i actually wanted to use a different word here that rhymes with bull spit). If NASCAR had something against Robby they would have given him the exact same penalty they gave Carl Long. But they didn't.

last time i checked there is a big difference between an engine and a rear-end housing.

yippeekyaa

Oct 21, 2008
I can see Uranus from here
last time i checked there is a big difference between an engine and a rear-end housing.

But they both broke the same rule. Rule 12-4-1, any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules. As well as the omnipresent rule 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing). So are you claiming that one non conforming part deserves more of a penalty that any other non conforming part?