gophone service on iphone 3g

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
let me start off by saying i am not looking to get an iphone now. but the phone that i have now keeps coming out of its holder and has been hitting hard surfaces and concrete.

what i am asking is is it possible? and if it is possible, where would be the best place to get a 3g phone without having to sign a 2 year deal? i want to be prepared should the unfortunate happen and the phone i'm using cracks or breaks.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I noticed you put "go phone" as in a prepaid sim? If so i believe your websurfing will be limited and costly. What do you want to be able to do with the phone?

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
I noticed you put "go phone" as in a prepaid sim? If so i believe your websurfing will be limited and costly. What do you want to be able to do with the phone?
make phone calls and stream internet audio. web browsing is not that big a priority. with the upcoming siriusxm app and with mlb at bat (as well as recieving streaming terrestrial stations far away from me) i would also like to stream audio while not at home. its frustrating to be at home listening to a show on my computer and have to wait until its over before i go anywhere.

i understand that you can buy an unlimited data plan with gophone, or if not there are some data plans that i would pay for. i don't make very many calls, i don't recieve many calls but i do listen to a bunch of stuff that doesn't originate in my area code.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The iPhone is not available as a 'go' phone and as MM stated the non-contract phones aren't cheap. It'd almost be worth it to sign the two-year contract, but that's just me. I pay about $100 a month for the talk plan, unlimited text and data.