Google Chrome

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
Anyone have any luck on getting the Sirius online player to play using Google Chrome?

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
I haven't tried, but I think I'm going to use Google Chrome to replace FireFox for all my browsing needs unless there is something that doesn't work.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I ended up bailing on Chrome a month or so ago because not only did the Sirius player not work, MySpace wouldn't work. Now someone explain to me how one of the most visited sites on the internet would be incompatible with Google Chrome. Someone at Google f'd up big time on that one. I gave it a few days after it started, hoping it would get fixed, but it never did so enough was enough for me. I'm now using IE8.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
All the websites I've used so far have worked flawlessly. I'm running version 1.0.154.59

I haven't visited myspace though.

I really like the speed, the security, and the simplicity of the interface that maximizes the viewable area of the page.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I've been using it since it was released as beta and it's now my primary browser. Haven't used firefox as my primary browser in about 10 months now. I have it and IE as backup in case I need to check a website in seperate browsers, but Chrome is great.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I've been using it since it was released as beta and it's now my primary browser. Haven't used firefox as my primary browser in about 10 months now. I have it and IE as backup in case I need to check a website in seperate browsers, but Chrome is great.

You're a hippie. I'm sticking with IE6.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
HUH? In what regard? I've used it since it was released on multiple machines and it works great.

In regards to the crappy way it renders many web sites. Even the latest version of IE does a better job and you can even put it in compatibility mode.

Chrome has a long way to go to even be in the ballgame with the likes of FireFox and hell for that matter IE.

Fast rendering is nice, but not if the page looks like crap!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
sounds like a hardware issue to me dawg.
chrome is way better than FF/IE/SingingFatLady was at ~2.0 and under.

No hardware issue just crappy Chrome! Rendering pages is a known issue with Chrome as stated on their own web site under known issues.

I will say that Chrome isn't a bad looking browser, but when one needs a browers that will render ALL pages properly then Chrome doesn't cut it. I use a browser a great deal related to my work and there are many of those intranets and databases that Chrome just can't handle. No problem with FF/IE!

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
which are on what version now? when/if chrome hits v 3.0 then you can compare to a seasoned browser.

Remember even the iphone 1.0 didn't come with cut and paste or mms.:p

No Chrome version now, I deleted it. There is no point regardless of the version if it doesn't render the web sites properly.

Maybe when it grows up a little more, but it is hardly ready for prime time at this point.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I agree with DAB that some websites don't seem to work properly with Google Chrome. For example, I tried to use a "store locator" on a big chain's site and it didn't work; switched back over to IE and immediately found the store closest to me.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I agree with DAB that some websites don't seem to work properly with Google Chrome. For example, I tried to use a "store locator" on a big chain's site and it didn't work; switched back over to IE and immediately found the store closest to me.

A store locator uses a database and Chrome doesn't seem to be able to handle that. Which is my point with using it for my work web sites, it just croaks and doesn't render them properly (scattered data fields) or doesn't render them period.

I do like the speed, but with time it will get better, but it just isn't there yet!