Goodyear - Now their tires are to good!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
In his defence Jack took the blame I'd say.

From the article:
"We just made the wrong choice," Roush said. "We'll be wiser going to Atlanta."

I'm not blasting Jack. I was simply saying that Goodyear can really do no right. They make what was a better tire than expected and they still get mentioned as being part of the problem, no matter how small a mention. I find it amusing, that's all.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I'm not blasting Jack. I was simply saying that Goodyear can really do no right. They make what was a better tire than expected and they still get mentioned as being part of the problem, no matter how small a mention. I find it amusing, that's all.

Good point. :yesshake:
I missed it the first time lol.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Don't forget that three weeks ago they caused the wreck between Newman and Stewart. They can't do anything right! :rolleyes:

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
I think what Jack was trying to say is that the tires did not "fall off" like the ones they ran here last year. The enigne builders trying to get max horsepower and speed out of the motors were setting them up based on last year's tire which had the cars off the throttle more as the tires wore, and also the race last year was 27 miles shorter too.

Not that it was all Goodyear's fault but a combination of things.

Why is it when Jack says something, people pile on him like he has just ran over their dog, then to spite you he backs up and does it again?

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
The enigne builders trying to get max horsepower and speed out of the motors were setting them up based on last year's tire

And since there was no testing.....which Jack wanted........ :p