Good to have Elvis Radio!

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SISO, Nov 12, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

Well, SISO did get the intent of the comment (humour) last year when it was made.

2. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

They've got the two artists that could pull off an SAC. Elvis and the Grateful Dead. The only other ones that could would be the Beatles.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. siriusfan

siriusfan Member

The thing about the Elvis channel is that it has always been there so it does not have the feel of usurping what is a favorite channel for someone else. A single artist channel for Elvis or the Beatles for that matter would have a broader appeal given the breadth and depth of their catalogs and popularity. I doubt that E-Street or The Dead have nearly as broad an appeal as any single genre or decade channel. Few channels generate the level of ire among subscribers that single artist takeovers do. Sirius XM has to know this. Frustrating scarce paying customers seems antithetical to the goal of increasing the subscriber base and I would argue a factor in the difficulties this company has experienced.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I think my biggest gripe about them is that they pre-empt existing channels. Of course they also take up bandwidth which could be used for axed channels such as Moving Easy, Fine Tuning, or other channels no longer on the service. But I think the idea of 1 or 2 rotating single artist channels is an acceptable compromise.

5. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Yes.

There'd be nothing wrong with a channel that rotated artists. During the year-end holidays, focus on holiday music. During St. Patrick's day, put on that music. For 4th of July and 9/11, do patriotic music.

6. TurfToeTony

TurfToeTony Member

I always thought the Elvis station was dumb, and pretty much forgot it was even there. Went to Memphis last week to visit Graceland, saw the DJ booth where it's broadcast from, exchanged hello's with the DJ. Listened to it all the way home, and mostly ever since. Everything good about it that's been mentioned in this thread, I agree with. Love it!

7. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Xm 18 - sirius 13

Saturday Special: Elvis Radio Valentines Traditions: 888-ELVIS NO(W)
    Sat 2/12 12:00 pm ET

All Valentines dedications. Surprise your love with your special songs. Call 888-ELVIS NO(W) (888-358-4766).

Rebroadcast: Tues 2/15 9:00 pm ET

8. goreds2

Sirius 13 / xm 18

I may give this a listen next Saturday.

Saturday Special: Elvis “B†Sides
    Sat 2/26 12:00 pm ET
    Great songs. Some became “flip side†hits and some should have become “flip side†hits!

9. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Hey goreds

I don't know if "Pocketful of Rainbows" was a B side but I really like that one.
    All this time and I've have never listened to Elvis Radio at all.

10. goreds2

Sirius 13 / xm 18

Another one next week:

The Best Of Elvis Radio: Elvis B-Sides
    Tues 3/1 9:00 pm ET
    Hear great songs that became “flip side†hits, and some should have become “flip side†hits!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  11. DJL

DJL Member

Hands down, it is the reason why I got satellite radio was for the Elvis channel, but you can tell I am a little bias! It is a great channel and thankful they have it on SiriusXM.

DJL

Aaron likes this.
  12. goreds2

Best Of Elvis Radio: TY Celebrates Ten Years Of Elvis Radio

Thursday 7/3 8 pm ET Elvis Radio: Ch 19

TY Celebrates Ten Years Of Elvis Radio with the Best Of Elvis Radio and he takes you deep into the Elvis Radio Archives and selects classic music specials, many that have only been heard one time, or maybe you are brand new to Sirius XM so you can enjoy these programs for the very first time. This is the Big Bang/Fourth Of July/Elvis Radio Launch week! And tonight TY presents the Candleight Vigil 2013 from last August plus Presley Royalty with Priscilla and Lisa from Elvis Week 2012. (5 hrs)

semipenguin likes this.