Gmail Users

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Have you tried the new themes today?

I just changed mine to shiny. I like it much better than the default.

Oct 29, 2008
I'm on the mountains theme in gmail, but I will probably change it up from time to time. I also have Utopia white for a firefox theme that I like a lot with my top navigation tool bar in text not icons.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have mine set to Phantasea at the moment. It's pleasing to the eyes.

Also, I found out that the theme changes at certain times...

3048996860_ca41c2e2aa.jpg

10:00 PM

3049367326_a7ee077504.jpg

2:00 AM

Those are not my screenshots. I found the pictures using Google Image search.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I was wondering what the zip code was used for in the Theme Settings.

I wonder if it will show Mt. McKinley if I switch over to Mountains... Maybe I'll try it later.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Seems us Google Apps Business users don't get the Themes. Not really a big deal since we use it for business.

I do want to give Kudos to Google though. Here several weeks ago our outsourced email provider had a major fire and was going to be down for several days while they repaired their data center. There was just no way we could be down for several days. I searched the web in an attempt to locate another provider. In my search I came across a business email link for Google. I checked it out and found since my business is a registered non-profit that we qualified for a free account. I signed up for a non-profit account, configured the DNS to point to Googles mail servers. I think imported the 120 mailboxes for my employees from my previous provider and we were up and running within an hour. The cool thing is that instead of paying a couple of thousand dollars a year for an outsourced email service, I am paying nothing due to this non-profit partnership with Google. The service is superior in every way.

So, if you have a non-profit, you can do this and they will give you as many email accounts as you need. They setup you up under what they call the Educational Group and you get no ads and it is basically the same as the business account setup. You do have to provide them your Federal ID number to verify your non-profit status through the IRS.

We are very pleased with Google and I don't care if we ever get themes. LOL I have since turned on 3 other local non-profit agencies to Google. This is a great service that Google offers.