Glavine = ex Brave.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Glavine is 43 years old, he's shot. Time to hang it up. Hall of Fame career, but it's over Tommy, IT'S OVER!!!

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
This move surprises me coming from the Braves. They seem like a loyal organization. Although after the way the let Smoltz leave, its somewhat less shocking. I suspect its all about the $$. I'll take him back on the mets as middle reliever and spot starter. And make sure everytime he pitches against the Braves, he sticks it up their f**&&%$ asses.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
man, he sure took a shit on the Mets the last day of the '07 when he allowed like 7 runs in the 1st inning of the game they had to have, thanks for the $40 mil suckers

sjb4

Oct 12, 2008
man, he sure took a shit on the Mets the last day of the '07 when he allowed like 7 runs in the 1st inning of the game they had to have, thanks for the $40 mil suckers

Very true, and that very day I knew he was going back to the Braves. It was like he was a traitor in their midst with that performance. That being said, he is clearly pissed at Atlanta now. I'm willing to give him a second chance if only because I'm certain he will bring his "A" game against the Braves to show them up. The Mets need to beat the 3 "lesser" teams in order to win the division, not the Phillies. Getting over their mental block with ATL would be a good start.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Via a google search, it does not look like any team has showed interest in Glavine as yet.

If the guy wants to get back into the Majors, I think he should take his ass to an independent team and start throwing. Keep himself active. Not become a couch potato :shock: