Giants/Broncos on Thansgiving Night!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I'll have to awaken from my turkey induced coma to watch the Giants on Thanksgiving night!! :bigthumbup:

Hopefully the match ups this year will be better than the woofer games the NFL gave us last year. :mad:

For some reason, the Giants are supposed to be scheduled for 5 prime time games. I like the prime time road games, but the home games are a pain...I don't like getting home at 1:00 AM, just to get up and go to work the next morning.

Reactions: semipenguin

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The other Thanksgiving Day matchups...Packers/Lions and Raiders/Cowboys. Ouch.

Titans and Steelers open up the 2009 season on September 10th (a Thursday) on NBC. Good game there.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The other Thanksgiving Day matchups...Packers/Lions and Raiders/Cowboys. Ouch.

Titans and Steelers open up the 2009 season on September 10th (a Thursday) on NBC. Good game there.

Detroit should never be allowed to host another Thanksgiving game until they get to the playoffs (playoffs?...:shock:)...:worried:

It's time to start moving it around...:)

Reactions: limegrass69

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
They should do something that changes it up each year...like last year's conference championship rematches or something like that. At least you have a better chance of putting together a decent game.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Huh, that's interesting. The homepage says this thread has 24 replies. :confused:

Be that as it may, I suspect the Donkeys to lay an egg at home. I'd be very surprised if they win 4 games this year.

Last edited:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Also, the first Monday Night game (September 14th) will be Buffalo at New England. Couple of interesting story lines there. Obviously, you have Terrell Owens in his debut with the Bills. You'll also have Tom Brady in his first game back after missing 15 games last year.

San Diego at Oakland follows that game in a Monday Night doubleheader.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Denver
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, N.Y. Giants

Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Washington

Hello 3-13! :eek:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Denver
Home: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New England, Dallas, N.Y. Giants

Away: Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Washington

The Broncos should have no problems selling tickets to home games with those teams coming to town! Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, and Giants.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
The Broncos should have no problems selling tickets to home games with those teams coming to town! Chargers, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, and Giants.

They usually don't no matter who's here, someone literally has to die in order for others to move up the Season ticket list. Which is like 30 years long.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Denver

H: KC (W), OAK (W), CLEV (W)

A: KC (W), OAK (W), CIN (W)

At least 6-10 would be minimum and they will likely win at least 2 of the remaining 10 games so .500+.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Make one of those KC wins a loss (they blow chunks at Arrowhead even when they're leading the AFC West), and maybe laying an egg against one of the lesser teams (playing up to the level of their competition) and you could be right. Still not winning the AFC West by a long shot. If they win more than 4 games I'll eat my hat.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Make one of those KC wins a loss (they blow chunks at Arrowhead even when they're leading the AFC West), and maybe laying an egg against one of the lesser teams (playing up to the level of their competition) and you could be right. Still not winning the AFC West by a long shot. If they win more than 4 games I'll eat my hat.

I agree that they will lose one against KC, almost always do, and the same with the Raiders. They will probably lay an egg against the Bungles or Browns too, even though the should win both of those on paper anyway. I can see them getting lucky in a couple other games, but I see the Broncos going 6-10 at best.

I am really looking forward to the Titans-Steelers game to kick off the season. Ought to be good, and I'm sure there will be an awful lot of towel stomping clips to hype up the drama.

I can't wait for the season to start! I miss football pretty much right after the Super Bowl is over.

Go Big Red!!!!!!!!
Go Titans!!!!!!!!!!