Get ready to bitch: the KOAM is away from the castle... (Yet another vacation thread)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
SIR_09-6421_HS_MammLn_r4.jpg

(OTOH, don't we all like "old Howard" better?)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
with all the subpar shows, im more and more hoping sirius doesn't re-sign him.

It'll come down to this:

1) Does Sirius XM need the subscribers?
--They were fine before Howard, but that was before the failures known as Oprah and Martha. If they lose Howard's subscribers, that means they may not have enough income to pay Oprah and Martha.

2) Can Sirius XM afford to pay Howard?
--Howard probably won't want a pay cut. (Then again, would ANYONE want a pay cut?) Based on the math i've done ($12.95 a month times 11 months times number of subscribers), they probably COULD "afford" to give him a raise, but that would mean less money to pay other people.

At this point, i'd be willing to see what a "summers off" schedule would be like...it would be like most any prime time TV show. If he got minimal time off from September through May (federal holidays), it may not be so bad. Assuming he could take the summers off and re-fuel, maybe he'd come back in September all charged up.

He's been playing the "I want to retire" card for so damn long, it's impossible to think what exactly will happen.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
MarksFriggin.com - Stern Show News - Archive

His last vacation started on Monday, August 3rd. Then again, August has always been a bad month in terms of live shows. (I think now they're taking two vacations at one week each, instead of a single two-week break.)

Unless this is a real long vacation, there will be another around Labor day.

off week of 6/29
off week of 7/6
(twelve live shows)
off week of 8/3
(eight live shows)
off week of 8/24
off week of 9/7?

He's getting us used to him being off for good...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
He's getting us used to him being off for good...

Even the "long haul" of live shows between January-April isn't what it once was.

I think the first half of the year is:
MLK Day off (federal holiday)
Presidents Day off (federal holiday)
NYC schools week off
Spring break

Then again, now that he has no FM ratings to worry about, it truly is "his" schedule. (I bet the program directors hated the vacations. In fact, I think I remember something about my local station always doing bad in the summer...wonder why.)