General Forum Questions

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I believe it's programmed that way because in the past some people were known for shouting and typing in caps.

But I know what you mean. I wish that could be fixed, but most of us have been living with it for years.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The forum software allows for Title Case or Sentence case for thread titles only.

Since Hectic Mom was an English teacher, we'll stick with Sentence Case out of respect.

I don't see any settings that allow for acronym capitalization.
It would appear that Mr Foro didn't care.
I'm pretty ambivalent about it.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I have a complaint. I will pause long enough for everyone to ask, "Who cares?"
:D

Okay, the DRC software should be reprogrammed to recognize acronyms and abbreviations in forum titles and thread titles. Its inability to do so is especially annoying in the sports forums. For example, MLB becomes Mlb, NBA becomes Nba, NHL becomes Nhl, NL becomes Nl and AL becomes Al. I imagine it would also change OSHA to Osha, PETA to Peta and USA to Usa. And that ain't all, folks! The software capitalizes every word in forum titles and thread titles, regardless of whether we want them capitalized.

Okay, I'm done complaining -- at least on this issue.

It's been that way since these forums started and nobody else has complained so...:idk:

As far as every word in the titles being capitalize...I don't see a big deal in that. :idk:

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
My next complaint will probably have something to do with Mister Evil being so dismissive of my first complaint. Hah! Take that!

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Kadeem Hardison's character on the 1987-93 NBC series A Different World was Dwayne Cleofis Wayne. Now we learn about Evil Cleofis Ernie. Wooh! Cleofis is a variant spelling of Cleophas, which is a variation of the Greek name Kleopas (Κλεόπας). Kleopas was the name of a disciple mentioned in Luke 24:18. It means "glory of the father" and is related to the name Cleopatra.

Yes, an off-topic post.....but highly educational.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I looked for a setting, but didn't find anything.
I tried to edit it manually, but it kept reverting.
Now it's beginning to grow on me.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Do they accept Dogecoin?

Dogecoin_logo.png

Reactions: HecticArt and Aaron