General Forum Questions

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Sorry that my manscaping was clogging the server. I'll get roto rooter to fix it.

Koop and I wasn't able to post this morning. :(
Koop and I weren't able to post this morning.

Grammar checker successfully enabled.

I had similar issues with grammatically well constructed posts.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wolf

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
Koop and I weren't able to post this morning.

Grammar checker successfully enabled.

I had similar issues with grammatically well constructed posts.

Thanks, I wasn't using my grammar app this morning. Plus I thought it sounded right and I'm trying to post stuff without that app all the time. Hopefully, my grammar improved somewhat.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Hey! It's working again!

Interesting day for DRC. Down for a few hours and then it came back but with that error again that wouldn't let me post.

Thanks again to the mods or admins that got it back up and running!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
There are still some things acting goofy on the server.
Hopefully there aren't too many disruptions before it's all sorted out.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Was the forum down for everyone else for a few hours this evening? From around 5-7 pm east I couldn't connect to the site.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It went down once I posted the 2019 movies thread, so I broke the forum.
Animal.....

I noticed it as I was about to leave work, but it was back up by the time I grabbed dinner and got home, so I forgot about it.

There aren't any new server errors in the log, so I'm guessing that it was a problem with our hosting service.

Reactions: Wolf

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I keep getting a red triangle exclamation point when I post something, saying my connection os unsecure.

Anyone else getting this?

I've never had a problem before. I have an Android phone and I browse with Google Chrome.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We've had the exclamation point thing show up from time to to time, but I think the last time was from the image uploads, and the one thread that got corrupted. I haven't seen anything for an unsecured connection, and there haven't been any server issues in the error log since September.

It sounds like Droo is working on getting us some upgrades. Hopefully that isn't too far off.

Reactions: semipenguin

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
The media tab above. "You may embed media from the following sites:" I see Reddit on the list. I have seen some good stuff over there and when I try and post it over here, I get this message below.

www.reddit.com refused to connect?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The media tab above. "You may embed media from the following sites:" I see Reddit on the list. I have seen some good stuff over there and when I try and post it over here, I get this message below.

www.reddit.com refused to connect?

They have enabled the Rick-roll filter. Or just blocked you (same thing).

Reactions: Wolf and Evil_Ernie

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
I have a complaint. I will pause long enough for everyone to ask, "Who cares?"

Okay, the DRC software should be reprogrammed to recognize acronyms and abbreviations in forum titles and thread titles. Its inability to do so is especially annoying in the sports forums. For example, MLB becomes Mlb, NBA becomes Nba, NHL becomes Nhl, NL becomes Nl and AL becomes Al. I imagine it would also change OSHA to Osha, PETA to Peta and USA to Usa. And that ain't all, folks! The software capitalizes every word in forum titles and thread titles, regardless of whether we want them capitalized.

Okay, I'm done complaining -- at least on this issue.