Gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by starmate, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

$1.89/gallon now. I heard it is something like $1.59 or $1.69 a gallon in Fargo now.
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

It an average $1.85 by me.
  3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Just paid $1.69/gallon for regular in Hackettstown, NJ. Happy Thanksgiving!!
  4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

It's still $3.65/gallon here... It hasn't moved an inch in over two months. :mad:
  5. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Ironic considering you have all of that oil up there...:scratch:
  6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

You can't put oil in a gas tank. Well, you can, but then the car won't work. Alaska only has two refining companies, and they can set the price at just below the cost to ship gasoline in from the lower 48 to hold the market.
  7. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Boy...that sucks if you live in Alaska.
  8. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

$1.57 today in Denver
    As the prices go down, the traffic has gone up. More people are driving again.
  9. hexagram

It sure does... :help:
  10. Music_Rube

Music_Rube Member

Which will probably be reason enough to raise the prices again soon. :(
  11. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Be positve and enjoy the prices while they are here. Just budget your money accordingly.
  12. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

$1.44 in sunny Houston.
  13. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

Paid $1.629 today in Florence, SC.
  14. Nj 1.59

that beats NJ 1.59 (supposedly we have the cheapest gas ) LOL!
  15. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Yeah...but at least in NJ they have mandatory full service. Especially nice on a rainy or cold day.

Here in NY, we have to pay $0.30-$0.50 or more additional per gallon for the "luxury" of pumping it ourselves.

I gas up in NJ whenever I'm over there.
  16. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

I hate that mandatory full service. They have it in Oregon as well, and I've spent time in both states. It seems I'm always in a hurry, like headed to the airport, when I get the slowest person on earth to fill my tank. I don't like to spend a lot of time at the gas station, and I don't necesarrily trust the person that fills gas tanks for a living with my credit card. Though it is nice on a cold day.:Smiley_wink: NJ must have low taxes on gas.
  17. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Agreed. I always manage to get the slow guy at the full service pumps.

The credit card thing does not bother me since you can more or less keep an eye on those guys. It's the restaurants where you need to worry...

Either NJ's taxes are low, or NY's are high. Since the State of NY manages to screw up just about everything, I'd venture to guess that NY's are high. :mad:
  18. starbabyc

starbabyc New Member

I just filled up my car and it was $1.73
  19. builder_j

builder_j Member

20. hexagram

Oh look... It went down a dime. :rolleyes: