FYI-Slacker G2 4GB portable on sale 129$ with free dock.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
This has been going on since well before the holidays! They are trying to clean out their inventory since they are no longer making these. Good Buy! I still recommend the iPod Touch because you have so many other options above a device like the G2 that will only be for Slacker.

sphere79

Dec 1, 2008
May not be a huge deal for some, but the G2 will at least cache for free, you are going to have to pay for that privilege on the iphone / ipod touch, android, and BlackBerry if you aren't using the USB cable.

Last edited:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
May not be a huge deal for some, but the G2 will at least cache for free, you are going to have to pay for that privilege on the iphone / ipod touch, android, and BlackBerry if you aren't using the USB cable.

At the same time, it isn't as if you're JUST paying for the privilege. A plus subscription gets you that, plus unlimited favors/bans and unlimited skips. Plus the ability to turn on/off DJs.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

As someone who has a G2, I can tell you once caching is available to me on my iPhone and iPod Touch. My G2 will go on Ebay or I will give it to a family member, but I will have ZERO need of it.

I think Jon makes a good point you aren't just paying for the ability to cache stations. But then think about this. Also the ability to have a single device that is precious to me! For years I lugged a phone, XM radio, Sirius Radio and an iPod. Now I just have my iPhone that goes everywhere I do and my iPod Touch that stays in my vehicle.

I do think if you don't have a smartphone that will offer caching, then the G2 is a good buy!