FT Hood shooter.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'm almost sad putting on my uniform because I have to wear the same unit patch as this guy. I've never seen a bigger coward. I'm just glad he's still alive so that he has to live with his cowardice and the shame that he's brought to his family.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Brother, I understand where you're coming from.

Let it be known that he will one day, and one day soon, face the reaper and have to answer for his crimes, whether he believes in Allah, Bhuda, Jesus or Jehovah.

It should make you smile to know that he's still alive and will have to answer for his actions.

Stand proud. People like you are inspirational and iconic to the folks you protect and truly uphold the virtues on which this country was founded.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
And I can almost guarantee you that there are more like him among the military. And let's not forget to thank the FBI,CIA,NSA,Army Intelligence for once again dropping the ball.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I agree, that scumbag should have been stopped in his tracks as soon as he started praising suicide bombers months ago.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'm wondering if this is a PC issue or simply a "needs of the army" situation. I wonder if the army hadn't already paid for his schooling and if he wasn't in a high demand AOC if he would have been dropped a long time ago. The army isn't as much PC as it is objective driven. If you're standard infantry, you'll be kicked a lot sooner than if you're an MD.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Just saw on CNN that the shooter is now paralyzed, and will probably never walk again. Good thing we can just replace his wheelchair with a electric one....

:Smiley_wink:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Just saw on CNN that the shooter is now paralyzed, and will probably never walk again. Good thing we can just replace his wheelchair with a electric one....

LOL!:ter:

Doesn't the Army still hang people?
They'll be able to put a couple of carpenters back to work to build a ramp up to the rope.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

I was very happy when I first learned this. I just hope it's total body and not just legs. I want him to live the rest of his short life with nothing other than considering his cowardice and the shame he's brought to his family. A quick death was not deserved and I'm glad it didn't happen.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I was very happy when I first learned this. I just hope it's total body and not just legs. I want him to live the rest of his short life with nothing other than considering his cowardice and the shame he's brought to his family. A quick death was not deserved and I'm glad it didn't happen.

I'm concerned that someone will go PC again and they won't ever hang him.
He's not worth paying to keep alive in a hospital ward somewhere.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
So they had concerns that this guy was getting a little nuts, but yet he was still allowed to buy handguns and use them to shoot up an army base.

Isn't this just more proof that we need better background checks before people can buy a gun ?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
So they had concerns that this guy was getting a little nuts, but yet he was still allowed to buy handguns and use them to shoot up an army base.

Isn't this just more proof that we need better background checks before people can buy a gun ?

No, if he would of been denied buying a weapon legally he could of easily gotten one on the street, or stole one on base somewhere. You can't deny someone the right to bear arms if you "think" they "might" be crazy, besides, the only people who knew about his instability were army investigators, there was nothing on his records to indicate that. I do agree that they should of kept a better eye on him though, the signs were there that he was a terrorist/nutcase.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
No, if he would of been denied buying a weapon legally he could of easily gotten one on the street, or stole one on base somewhere. You can't deny someone the right to bear arms if you "think" they "might" be crazy, besides, the only people who knew about his instability were army investigators, there was nothing on his records to indicate that. I do agree that they should of kept a better eye on him though, the signs were there that he was a terrorist/nutcase.
But he was/is crazy and not being crazy needs to be a condition of legally buying a gun.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
But he was/is crazy and not being crazy needs to be a condition of legally buying a gun.

But you can't know that until someone who's crazy acts out. There were signs he was a whackjob but it was only apparent to the people keeping an eye on him in the military. The person who sold him the weapon(s) didn't know he was a threat, and obviously neither did the Army. If anyone dropped the ball here, it was his superiors.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. A few years ago some whackjob in Iraq threw a handgrenade into a tent and killed some soldiers. Should the Army kept hand grendades from him because he was crazy? They didn't know, though I bet there were signs.