From inside an MH-47 Chinook

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This just came in the email. Thought it was a pretty cool clip.

Rarely seen perspective:
a video of a U.S. Navy SEAL extraction was filmed from inside an MH-47 Chinook helicopter.

The pilot has lowered the ramp, dipped the tail end into the water to partially flood the compartment,

(a maneuver that requires quite precise flying) and awaits the Navy SEALs to board in their F470 Zodiac.

So awesome, it gives me chills!! You have just got to LOVE the skill of our military....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsq8ol9XJPY]YouTube - chinook helicopter water rescue[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
That kicks ass.

You've gotta love military design.

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if you can partially flood the interior of a helicopter just so the SEALS can drive their Zodiac raft right it."

"Yes it would be cool. Let's make it."

REminds me of the old Carlin bit about flamethrowers.

"Man, I really hate that guy and would like to set him on fire but he's all the way over there...."

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Goes to show that if these pussy politicians would let our military do their thing these "conflicts" wouldn't last for years on end. I like watching the Military Channel and I feel that with the skills of our soldiers and the amazing weaponry at their disposal they should be able to handle their business in a matter of months, if that long.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
The ability of the Seal manning the boat motor wasa just as impressive considering the rotorwash he had to steer through. Since real mission footage reaching the public would be a no-no I'm presuming that was a rehearsal since video is used to view the actions and discuss what to improve on during a wet run.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
My Grandfather is proud of this picture taken during WW II. He was the pilot.

Attachments

• star_wars_en_la_cultura_pop_8H8_full.jpg
    star_wars_en_la_cultura_pop_8H8_full.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 15