Free SkyDock?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I got an email from SiriusXM today stating a free SkyDock, as long as I pay shipping and handling. I clicked the link and it took me to a site at shop.siriusxm.com and then I put in my information and looked at my options:

• Learn More
  • XM All Access: 1 Month for $15.49• Includes SiriusXM Internet Radio
    • Access to additional premium programming

Learn More
  • XM Select: 1 Year for $109.89• Get the value of one month FREE

Learn More
  • XM All Access: 1 Year for $159• Our best deal
    • Get the value of one month FREE
    • Includes SiriusXM Internet Radio
    • Access to additional premium programming

Learn More

Beneath that, it said something about "I don't want to purchase a subscription at this time." I clicked that and said "add to cart."

Order Subtotal - $0.00

Just for giggles, I told it I want to order six SkyDocks without subscriptions and it still didn't charge me for anything other than shipping and tax.

What's wrong here?

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
thing is, its easy to switch radios now online simetimes the fee doesnt even apply. so you could havea sub on an older dying radio and get this virtually free and swap online.

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
With the new iPhones the connection has changed. With every passing day there are more newer connections than the older ones thus making the SkyDock, which is a nice device, less attractive.

Yes, you can get the adapter but then your iPhone is an inch up on the SkyDock and it looks stupid.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I have a Skydock somewhere. If you want it & I can find it, I'd give it to you, or whoever. I tried giving it away before, but nobody wanted it ...

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
It's a great item, even if you don't have XM, just to be able to have a nice place to dock your phone, charge it, and get the audio into your stereo.

It's just that the connector is changing.

I've thought about opening up the one I've lent my daughter when she goes the iPhone 5 (or whatever) route.. It may work but it seems like kind of a hassle.

Also, I don't think they've updated the app in years (you don't need the app to listen to music or charge your phone other than to get the nagging at bay "There's an app for this device!")