Free Howard Stern for XM subs, May18-25

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Luv the way Howard said on the show that it was his idea. If it swings more XM listeners to purchse the BOS more power to him. I've finally turned the corner and record his show 6-11pm and listen to it the next day. Forwarding through the commercials is the only way to go.

Oct 29, 2008
Forwarding through the commercials is the only way to go.
No. The only way to go is to download the show on the internet for free. Would never pay a dime anymore to that crappy sat radio company. Howard once/twice a month is it for me. Anything more time then that listening is wasted time.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It's a great idea. They should do it with the entire "best of ..." packages and give everyone the "best of" stuff for a week.

Radio always has been, and always will be, more than just music.

sodomite

Banned
Apr 28, 2009
No. The only way to go is to download the show on the internet for free. Would never pay a dime anymore to that crappy sat radio company. Howard once/twice a month is it for me. Anything more time then that listening is wasted time.
You can also Stream it live either the east coast or west coast feed on Shoutcast. They have been doing it for 4 yrs now and i don't think Sirius can stop them. Ahoy matey and board the pirate ship !:hw:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Yeah but not everyone has access to the Howard Stern forum anymore.
Is that still the case? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you Log Out completely, then return to this site, the Howard Stern forum remains visible and accessable for all to read. The Political forum not so much.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
what i also find telling is that there is no similar offer for the sirius subs.

perhaps its because the thing that is desired most can't be aired. and if they open up a free week of boxm during the last week in may (specifically to cash in on the no hype, needs to die, former greatest spectacle race held in indiana) they may find that deal backfiring on them bigtime.

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I just can't get excited about Stern. About 10 years ago, I turned on his TV show a few times and I would wonder what people saw in him. Women posing nude while he made remarks about their body's? I always thought Opie and Anthony were the ones who I couls listen to.

My radio won't be tuned to that channel at all.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Its an idea. I doubt it would make much difference. I don't think there is an XM sub who may have been interested in Stern that doesn't already get him. All you have left is the people who at best don't care for him. I don't see much return.

I think they would be better off opening up the Best Of packages on both sides to carefully selected free preview weeks. A Best Of Sirius promotion the 2nd last weekend of the NFL regular season, a Best Of XM on the first week of the NHL playoffs would likely hook more people. You have to convince people that they were living without something and that they can't live without it any longer. When they introduced the packages last October was also a (missed) opportunity to give everybody a free month. People rarely like channels disappearing from their radios and some would pay to keep them there.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Its an idea. I doubt it would make much difference. I don't think there is an XM sub who may have been interested in Stern that doesn't already get him. All you have left is the people who at best don't care for him. I don't see much return.

I think they would be better off opening up the Best Of packages on both sides to carefully selected free preview weeks. A Best Of Sirius promotion the 2nd last weekend of the NFL regular season, a Best Of XM on the first week of the NHL playoffs would likely hook more people. You have to convince people that they were living without something and that they can't live without it any longer. When they introduced the packages last October was also a (missed) opportunity to give everybody a free month. People rarely like channels disappearing from their radios and some would pay to keep them there.

It makes a lot of sense sooooooo SIRIUSXM will not do this. :mad:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I just can't get excited about Stern. About 10 years ago, I turned on his TV show a few times and I would wonder what people saw in him. Women posing nude while he made remarks about their body's? I always thought Opie and Anthony were the ones who I couls listen to.

My radio won't be tuned to that channel at all.

Sex (naked women) usually equals ratings. Blame the amount of naked women on the E! show. Howard actually ranted on the fact that E! would frequently show the women and not show a lot of the other stuff.

E! gave a disproportionate image of the show, yet it was the best option for Howard to get his show televised. (Yes, Cinemax and HBO might have been options, but they're not basic cable channels.)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008

They did do the "pay for a few months" and get one free, but I don't think three days or so of "best of" would hurt.

It may require people to see "Subscription Updated. Press Any Key To Continue." on their radios, but I think most people would be willing to do that for free programming.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They did do the "pay for a few months" and get one free, but I don't think three days or so of "best of" would hurt.

Not quite the same thing. Average Joe would ignore the offer completely. Give him some time with the channels with him doing nothing then make him pay to keep them. The best time was at the time of introduction. But key weeks could still catch some subs.

It may require people to see "Subscription Updated. Press Any Key To Continue." on their radios, but I think most people would be willing to do that for free programming.

The XM side would not have this problem. Maybe, on the Sirius side, they could take the opportunity to fix some channel names when they do it. :whistle:

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008

IMO, a lot of people's perception of Howard and the Show is way off of reality and some exposure is better than assuming what is probably going on. Hell, if any potential XM listeners were to read this forum for a few minutes, they would think the show sucks, is unlistenable, etc. People may come to a different conclusion given some time to listen...