Fred's "statements" on Artie...

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Fred thinks Artie's ok but he may be back on the sauce. It's definitely NOT DRUGS!

That would be like asking him to stop eating bread with his pasta !!! :rofl2:

Soup & Sandwich , Peanutbutter & Jelly , Ham & Cheese , Alcohol & ? :crazy:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I didn't hear "turn the page" but I heard "Hells Bells" and it really made me sad :( I so wanted to hear Artie scream "fire" ..

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
He seems to be having some fun feeding the suicide attempt rumor:

Turn the page
Back in black
Paradise city (take me to paradise city, where the girls are pretty...)
Glorified G (glorified version of a pellet gun...)

More of Fred trying to be clever.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Fred is awesome. I guess he knows enough that Howard wouldn't pick up on the "statements."

If the veil of secrecy were to be dropped, I would love to hear Fred's candor on the whole situation. You hear how vocal he is about the Jackie situation, so I think he would be very sad for Artie but insistent that they just couldn't have that in the workplace for as long as they did.

While people feel bad for Artie, I feel bad for the entire staff.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
He seems to be having some fun feeding the suicide attempt rumor:

Turn the page
Back in black
Paradise city (take me to paradise city, where the girls are pretty...)
Glorified G (glorified version of a pellet gun...)

More of Fred trying to be clever.

Brilliant on Fred's part. Just brilliant.

NO way this is just coincidence that the first song is about a hard livin life on the road, followed up by a song about cheating death by one of Artie's favorite bands. Not sure how Paradise City fits, then followed by song about a weapon.

Hilarious. Howard NEVER picked up on this.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Brilliant on Fred's part. Just brilliant.

NO way this is just coincidence that the first song is about a hard livin life on the road, followed up by a song about cheating death by one of Artie's favorite bands. Not sure how Paradise City fits, then followed by song about a weapon.

Hilarious. Howard NEVER picked up on this.

For years Fred has done this. His music/clips always say what everyone else won't.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
So is there special symbolism to the choice of the live version of Hell's Bells?

You guys sound like you're off your meds...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Sometimes a banana is just a banana. However, Fred does play songs with a specific message in mind. Hell, even if he didn't do it on purpose, the subconscious mind can be at work.

In any case more than one listener has picked up on it.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Fred's been doing this for years. He picks the music he plays for a reason. How can you not consider "turn the page" being played while discussing Artie to not be a message?

Because he's Scionic and nothing Howard, or any of the rest of the cast, does is bad nor can be criticized. I thought we've been through this already.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I'm sorry, you guys are probably right. After hearing Fred play "Won't Back Down", it was obvious to me that he was telling us that Artie is Standing on the edge of the World...

Does Howard send you secret encrypted messages about your architectures as well?

:2funny:

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Because he's Scionic and nothing Howard, or any of the rest of the cast, does is bad nor can be criticized. I thought we've been through this already.

As opposed to criticizing everything? You guys would have found something to be unhappy about today, regardless. It's what this forum has become thanks to constant bitchers like yourself...

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I'm sorry, you guys are probably right. After hearing Fred play "Won't Back Down", it was obvious to me that he was telling us that Artie is Standing on the edge of the World...

Does Howard send you secret encrypted messages about your architectures as well?

:2funny:

You never cease to amaze me. Why does it always have to be one extreme or the other? Can you at least concede that there might have been some sort of corollary between Fred's picks and the current situation?

I think Fred's clever like that.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
You never cease to amaze me. Why does it always have to be one extreme or the other? Can you at least concede that there might have been some sort of corollary between Fred's picks and the current situation?

I think Fred's clever like that.

If it fits you argument, then sure it seems like its possible. But you guys cling to one song as a "message" but then, every song MUST be a message from Fred, right? Or maybe not. Is Artie being taken down to Paradise City? Please elaborate on the importance of Glorified G. Did Artie take an anti-NRA stance during his LOA? It's a little like church nuts believing the parts of the bible they want to believe and not worrying so much about the rest

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
If it fits you argument, then sure it seems like its possible. But you guys cling to one song as a "message" but then, every song MUST be a message from Fred, right? Or maybe not. Is Artie being taken down to Paradise City? Please elaborate on the importance of Glorified G. Did Artie take an anti-NRA stance during his LOA? It's a little like church nuts believing the parts of the bible they want to believe and not worrying so much about the rest

Round and round we go.....

I'm done.

After all, it's just a radio show, right?

:hw:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

"Turn the page" is a pretty clear statement... and Artie is known for AC/DC and "Hells Bells" is a tribute to a dead guy. Those being played while talking about Artie's future on the show seemed to me to be telling. I don't think it takes a lot of reading into.