Fox (faux) News vs. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I ON Demanded this weeks Curb Your Enthusiasm and thought the episode was, just like the 6 previous seasons before it, HILARIOUS.

Today I log onto FOX NEWS and in keeping with their pandering to the Christian Conservative, they've blasted Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Check it out here.

If any of you have seen this most current episode, I'd like you to chime in and see whther or not you were offended. I HIGHLY doubt anyone was offended by this episode.

Check the story here:

Larry David Blasted for 'Curb' Episode Where He Urinates on Jesus Painting - FOXNews.com

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Never watched the show and have no interest in it. I for one will never defend Fox News! However, I do think one can cross a line that some will find objectionable, but isn't that what they do? I'd personally never do anything like that myself, but in reality that picture is just a depiction, but it all goes to what it represents! Not everyone believes and so there you have it!

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Sounds like an extremist group grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to get some media coverage. I guarantee you that none of the "offended" parties even watch the show. If you are offended, tune over to EWTN or TBN.

Personally, I thought it was funny.

People need to loosen up and laugh a little.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I didn't really even think about it being offensive.

I'm not very religous at all so the thought wouldn't cross my mind but the news is reporting this very wrong. They make it sound like Larry David threw a picture of Jesus on the floor and just went to town.

In the episode, he accidentally gets a little "backsplash" on the picture and he sort of freaks out about it but doesn't know what to do so he just leaves the bathroom and runs out of the house as quick as possible.

Anyway, just another example of people taking things way too seriously.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
If you click on the link in your original posting which takes you to the Fox News site, then go to the comments, some of them are pretty scary. There are some real zealots out there. :scared:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Never watched the show and have no interest in it. I for one will never defend Fox News! However, I do think one can cross a line that some will find objectionable, but isn't that what they do? I'd personally never do anything like that myself, but in reality that picture is just a depiction, but it all goes to what it represents! Not everyone believes and so there you have it!

I saw the episode and while it is technically true that Larry peed on the painting, the joke is that Larry had been experiencing incredible pressurized urination due to medication and that his whiz was making for some high splashes. It wasn't as if he deliberately urinated on a picture of Jesus, it was that he splashed out of the bowl and onto a picture of Jesus.

Why someone would have a picture of Jesus overlooking a toilet is anyone's guess.

A long way, literally, to go(not meant literally)for a joke....and to be offended.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
First, this isn't just a Fox "News" story. Offended people (most of whom seem to be Catholic) are speaking to any news outlet that will listen.

Second, I love the comments from people saying this would never be tolerated if it was a picture of Mohammed. That's the goal? To be as intolerant and humorless as Islam? Really?

Third, Jesus would have let Larry piss on his other cheek.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
First, this isn't just a Fox "News" story. Offended people (most of whom seem to be Catholic) are speaking to any news outlet that will listen.

Second, I love the comments from people saying this would never be tolerated if it was a picture of Mohammed. That's the goal? To be as intolerant and humorless as Islam? Really?

Third, Jesus would have let Larry piss on his other cheek.

Instead everyone is turning his water into whine.

Reactions: memebag

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
As a diehard fan of Family Guy, I NEVER get offended at stuff like this. The joke was funny, if not goofy. I don't think he was making a statement, it was just a wacky joke.

As for Fox News, they've always had a penchant for bitching about "controversial" scenes. See the multiple times they've called out Family Guy, or when they cried about the "nude" scene in Mass Effect. In these cases their anchors seem to take the moral police approach, as if they should be parenting all the youth of America, since they seem to think parents should be outraged about this.

But in cable news in general, they all take themselves WAY too seriously...

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Fox News, Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, no real difference. I'm a former republican myself, and had to get out when the Bible Nazis took over the party. If you're a christian, fine. But politics and religion don't even belong in the same zip code as far as I'm concerned. But there are a few too many in the GOP for my comfort.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Fox News, Christian Coalition, Focus on the Family, no real difference. I'm a former republican myself, and had to get out when the Bible Nazis took over the party. If you're a christian, fine. But politics and religion don't even belong in the same zip code as far as I'm concerned. But there are a few too many in the GOP for my comfort.

I agree 100%. I left the party when they began pandering to the American Taliban (the religous right) in order to get elected.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Not only did LD get some urine on Jesus, but if you'll remember, he also ate him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xtJrH0IHso]YouTube - Larry Eats Jesus[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I don't really worship an celebrities or anything and I couldn't care less about most of them but Larry David is easily in my top 5 people I'd like to meet just so I could shake his hand and say thank you for all of the entertainment.

Top 5--easy.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
I HIGHLY doubt anyone was offended by this episode.

Dude, do you have any idea how scary some of the red states are in this country?

I highly doubt anyone who would have been offended watched the episode, but they sure as shootin' got offended when some radio talk show host told them about it the next day.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Dude, do you have any idea how scary some of the red states are in this country?

I highly doubt anyone who would have been offended watched the episode, but they sure as shootin' got offended when some radio talk show host told them about it the next day.

Oh, without a doubt.

There are some scary people out there. I just wonder what is going to happen with the people like Glenn Beck get a hold of this. I wonder if he'll cry again.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Oh, without a doubt.

There are some scary people out there. I just wonder what is going to happen with the people like Glenn Beck get a hold of this. I wonder if he'll cry again.

Only if it will make him some extra coins! I think he has a slot machine in his ass crack, you must insert money in it to get tears!

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Sounds like an extremist group grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to get some media coverage. I guarantee you that none of the "offended" parties even watch the show. If you are offended, tune over to EWTN or TBN.

Personally, I thought it was funny.

People need to loosen up and laugh a little.
Laughing is no longer PC.:rolleyes:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Only if it will make him some extra coins! I think he has a slot machine in his ass crack, you must insert money in it to get tears!

I know. Everytime I walk into the bookstore he always has some new piece of crap book out telling us how we're all dumb and how the country is going down the tubes. Everytime I see these I can only think one thing:

1. Who buys this crap and how can he wake up in the morning knowing that he puts out crap like this.