1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Ford OEM Help, Please

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by Sirius Rich, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich New Member

I had a Ford friend ask this question:

"I have a 2006 F-150 SuperCrew with the Audiophile 6-Disc radio with Sirius satelite radio. I had to disconnect my battery today and when I reconnected the battery I no longer can get the satelite radio to work. My radio is equiped with the AUX button in order to switch to Sirius. When I press the button I get a message that states "no aux audio".

I told him to check the fuse, if there is one, from the Sirius receiver box. I also told him I am guessing. Any knowledgeable OEM members here?
  2. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

Wow that doesn't sound too good. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I think the head unit, and the sat tuner are on the same circuit, so doubt a fuse a blown, but certainly doesn't hurt to check. This may be overly simple, and probably won't work, but did he try to power down the head unit with the battery reconnected, and power it back on. This may force the head unit to rediscover the sat tuner. The other options I can think of would be check the wiring harnesses. Turn off the HU and disconnect and firmly reconnect the wiring connections, then re-try. I believe the sat tuner on that truck in behind the radio, behind the glove box, or behind the passenger side kick panel. Good luck.
  3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Going out on a limb here, but is there a diagnostic menu on the head unit where you need to input a selection that tells it that there is something specific plugged into the aux port? Maybe the HU doesn't have the ability to auto discover the sat tuner.
  4. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich New Member

Thanks for the info. I will let you know how it turns out.
  5. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

I forgot.....Every once in awhile my Edge says sat fault, and doesn't work. Cycling the key off for 10 or 20 seconds fixes the problem. Doubt it's helpful, but doesn't hurt to try.