Ford First To Integrate Slacker Radio App

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
SLACKER RADIO joins the lineup of smartphone apps that FORD drivers can control with their voice through available SYNC APPLINK.
"Customers now have so many options for accessing music and information. FORD SYNC APPLINK allows us to not only keep pace with what they are listening to, but how they are listening to it," said FORD CONNECTED SERVICES Director DOUG VANDAGENS. "With its huge music library, SLACKER RADIO dramatically increases the content options for FORD drivers."
"SLACKER listeners can create their own custom stations by selecting their favorite artists and songs, or listen to any of more than 150 stations curated by expert DJs who love the music they play," said SLACKER RADIO SVP/Business Development STEVE COTTER. "When they're not in the mood for music, SLACKER listeners can tune in to a wide variety of personalized talk content including personalized comedy, ABC NEWS and ESPN RADIO stations."

Ford First To Integrate Slacker Radio App | AllAccess.com

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
MediaPost Publications Printer Friendly

The battle to control drive-time listening is heating up with the entry of another digital audio service through a partnership with a car manufacturer. Ford is the first automobile manufacturer to make Slacker available in new cars via the Ford Sync AppLink, which allows drivers to import various online apps, including media content, via a smartphone connection.

To ensure the safety of drivers, the Ford Sync AppLink allows drivers to control the Slacker online audio service via voice command. They don’t have to take their hands off the wheel to take advantage of popular features like skipping songs, setting favorites or “banning†songs and artists they don’t like. The Slacker app integration also allows drivers to store music for listening in areas where they don’t get cell phone reception.

:bigthumbup:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I'm looking at Ford for my next car. This helps that.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm looking at Ford for my next car. This helps that.

I just ordered a Focus 5 door.
It should be here in a couple of days.
I didn't get the Sync though. I'm planning on using my SL2 for a couple of weeks then getting a Lynx. I don't spend enough time in the car to worry about services other than Sirius and whatever I can get on my phone. It's really cool to see all of these cool features that are available.

Last edited: