FORD 400 Thoughts/Predictions

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Holy crap, where the heck has Bob been... I think this is a second week of me asking that...lol Use to seeing him in here during the races giving some play by plays...lol

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Congrats to Jimmie and the 48 team, awesome team work... History made tonight my friends...... So very well deserved..

1,2,3 finish in the chase for Rick.. Congrats to all of them.....

And congrats to Denny Hamlin on the race win, very nice actually to see him speak of Micheal Waltrip in his interview...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
And congrats to Denny Hamlin on the race win, very nice actually to see him speak of Micheal Waltrip in his interview...

Yes.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I wonder how many JJ fans will come out of nowhere now? :p Like how there are now SO many Steeler fans now. Ha!

I just hope they won't be obnoxious like some Steelers fans.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
It's too bad Rick couldn't be there... All the best to him and his family, thoughts and prayers are with them right now as his niece goes through this surgery....

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It's too bad Rick couldn't be there... All the best to him and his family, thoughts and prayers are with them right now as his niece goes through this surgery....

What's up? I didnt' know anything about that.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Man, I thought Kurt was kind-of a stink on camera. Denny showed some class and Kurt was a stink.

Jeff Gordon was REALLY classy during his interview on camera too. Bravo.

djb7272

Jan 3, 2009
Hendrick absent from title clincher with family issue
Niece in critical condition awaiting liver transplant
, NASCAR.COM
November 22, 2009
02:44 PM EST

-HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Rick Hendrick will not be at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Sunday to see his race team make history.

HendrickThe car owner, guaranteed of his ninth Cup championship and 12th NASCAR national division title regardless of what happens in the season's final race, has returned to North Carolina to be with a niece who is in critical condition and being prepared for a liver transplant at a North Carolina hospital.

Hendrick's niece, 29-year-old Alesha Gainey, is the daughter of John Hendrick, who died along with nine others in the crash of a Hendrick Motorsports airplane en route to Martinsville Speedway in October of 2004. Gainey's sisters Jennifer and Kimberly also were among the victims of the accident.

"Rick obviously wishes that he could be here," said Hendrick general manager Marshall Carlson. "He's incredibly proud of the accomplishments of the team, and has asked me to personally express his total confidence in their capabilities. They know exactly what needs to be done, and they know how to do it. Rick's priority at this point is supporting his family at this critical time. Again, he wishes he could be here. He's so proud of the teams. But he needs to be back in North Carolina with his niece and her family."

Jimmie Johnson leads Hendrick teammate Mark Martin by 108 points entering Sunday's event, and needs a 25th-place finish to clinch his fourth consecutive series title. Either way, Hendrick is ensured of his 12th championship in NASCAR's national divisions, which will give him one more than Richard Childress.