Television Race Coverage: Sunday, Nov. 22th, ABC, 3:15pm/et

Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:30pm/et

Scheduled Race Re-Air Dates/Times:
Monday, November 23 at 3:00am/et on ESPN2
Monday, November 23 at 1:00pm/et on ESPN Classic
Wednesday, November 25 at 12:00pm/et on SPEED

Weather Link..... Homestead, FL - 5 Day Weather Forecast

Defending race winner: #99-Carl Edwards

This is the only, current, race track Jeff Gordon has never won a Sprint Cup race at.

Anyone else glad this season is coming to an end? :ignore:

My pick - Mark Martin

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Even though I won't be watching or listening because I'm busy (And don't care at this point about 2009. Would have made time if it was exciting lol)

I'm going to pick Biffle to win the race. As for the title...Hrmmmm...I dunno, its too close to call lol ;)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Dale Jr. I would REALLY like for him to win this race. I would only like to see Mark win IF he also won the chase. Those two would be the only thing to give some excitement to the last race.

I'm not glad the season is over....but I'm glad the chase is over.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I think Jimmy J is going to have a spectacular-multiple-roll-Talledega style crash on lap one, get the car fixed and come back to win it. :2funny:

I am so ready to see the end of the season, it's been kind of a sleeper. I am getting tired of just hearing about JJ and Chad. Hopefully the other teams can "pick up the pace" (literally) and give them a run for their money next year.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I think Jimmy J is going to have a spectacular-multiple-roll-Talledega style crash on lap one, get the car fixed and come back to win it.

Yeah, with EVERY team member from EVERY other team coming over to help INCLUDING all nascar officials and even Brian France. Plus Mike Bagley.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
. I am getting tired of just hearing about JJ and Chad. Hopefully the other teams can "pick up the pace" (literally) and give them a run for their money next year.

Most everybody's been saying that for the last 3 yrs. LOL.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Yeah, with EVERY team member from EVERY other team coming over to help INCLUDING all nascar officials and even Brian France. Plus Mike Bagley.

Heck,l stop the race, let all the people from the stands come in and take a whack at'er.

Most everybody's been saying that for the last 3 yrs. LOL.

Yeah, just shows how old it's getting.....

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yeah, just shows how old it's getting.....

I agree totally. Watching Jimmie Johnson win a fourth straight title is like being subjected to watching a third straight year of reruns of your least favorite TV show.

About the only thing that I can think of that sucks more than watching him win a fourth straight.....

Last edited:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Interesting end of season stat..... #99-Carl Edwards, who won a Sprint Cup Series-high nine races in 2008, is still looking for his first Cup win in 2009 heading into Sunday's season finale at Homestead. Only once in series history has a driver won more races one season and been shut out the next. Ned Jarrett won 13 times in 1965, but was winless in 1966. He ran only half the season in 1966 and still finished 13th in the points.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Here's what will bother me BIG TIME.

Let's say Carl wins. Which will be cool. But while he's out there doing the burnout....the 48 will be out there doing the burnout at the same time. And while Carl will get on-air time for winning the race, the main focus will be on JJ. If I'm a driver I wonder why win this race? Except for the Top 35 thing and sponsors.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Here's what will bother me BIG TIME.

Let's say Carl wins. Which will be cool. But while he's out there doing the burnout....the 48 will be out there doing the burnout at the same time. And while Carl will get on-air time for winning the race, the main focus will be on JJ. If I'm a driver I wonder why win this race? Except for the Top 35 thing and sponsors.

That's nothing new though. That's happened for a long time. It happened last week in the truck race. It almost happened in the Nationwide race last week but it will this week unless Kyle wins. Sometimes it works out pretty cool like @ Atlanta 1996. Bobby won the race and Terry the championship on the final day of the season, the only time a driver and his sibling won the race and the championship at the same time. :flex:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
That's nothing new though. That's happened for a long time.

Yeah, I know. It's silly on my part I suppose but it always has bothered me. To me the race winner should be the only one doing the burnout, etc. Unless it's an unusual situation, like if Tony had won the cup for example.

Now maybe if Carl DOES win, he'll ram into the 48 while doing the burnout. LOL.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA

That would be one to remember.

How about On November 14, 1993, after the Hooters 500 (Atlanta), the last race of that season, the race winner Wallace and 1993 series champion Dale Earnhardt ran a Polish Victory Lap together while carrying #7 and #28 flags commemorating Kulwicki and Davey Allison, respectively.

That was a memorable one.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
What a time that was. Those were happy days for me. Good times and good memories.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com

You really have high hopes don't you..lol

Carl won that race last year and Jimmie won the championship and Carl did his flip and went straight to Jimmie's car to congratulate him... I have alot of respect for both these drivers and that is exactly what will happen again if Carl wins I imagine...

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I'm going to wear my Jimmie Johnson T-shirt Sunday :)
Posted via Mobile Device