For those of us who think the 'fat lady' is singing.....

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
How is this duo ever going to be stopped? :idunno: I just heard Moody stating that a recent caller had said that NASCAR hire Chad away from Hendrick. Good idea? Do you think there's enough money to take him away from there? Moody suggested that Chad has too much fun trying his best to circumnavigate that mysterious rule book that exists somewhere in the NASCAR world. You know, the one that's written in pencil with the huge eraser. Can another team lure him from Hendrick? How about Johnson? Anyone know when either of their contracts are set to expire?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I try not to listen to anything after the first 35min of Sirius Speedway :right:

Who cares if Chad is hired away from Hendrick by Nascar? I don't. I'm sure Rick could find another crew chief just as good, if not better than Chad.

It's the organization as a whole, that makes HMS what it is. Not any one driver. Sure, there might have been some underhanded stuff going on here and there, but what team has not stretched the rules? I'm sure each and every champion in Nascar has gotten away with one thing or another during their championship run :shock:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I see NO reason why either would want to stop right now. They're both young, super rich, and on top of their game. Why stop? Try for 5 in a row. Make it even harder for someone else to beat that record.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Some team/teams probably will soon, I hope. I'd think that the odds are starting to stack up against that team.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Later in the article he goes on to quote someone that he calls a fan by the name of Dave. I think the quotes from Jason are simply those of another fan and not Richard Petty. :scratch:

I think David Newton of ESPN needs to go back and proofread his work before he turns it in.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, I agree. For a small fee he could send it to me and I'll do it. ;)