For the Employees of NASCAR radio

SubmarineMike

Oct 14, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Question if you know?

1. The race shows that were on XM specifically Dialed in with Claire B Lang and Power Shift with Joe Castello, Will they be coming to NASCAR radio or will those hosts be merged into current/new shows on NASCAR radio, specifically any new news on that.

Thanks in advance.

SIRIUS SPEEDWAY ROCKS MY WORD

Submarine Mike
Official Sponsor Whore of Sirius Speedway

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Mike, I seriously doubt they will be merged into new shows. I could be wrong, but I don't think that is up to Sirius, but maybe up to Daniel Norwood.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Bagman, I think he was meaning receiver instead of sub (subscription). Not every receiver can pick up the "best of" package. good example, I have 2 starmate replays with sirius, yet only one of them can get the "best of" package. Only difference between the two, one has a weaker fm transmitter inside it and that is the one that can get the "best of" package.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
They broadcast the games, but I think they only broadcast a select few seeing as they didn't add enough play-by-play channels for nhl, college sports and the nba. SIRIUS Satellite Radio - NHL Home Ice to get broadcast dates, times and channel #. Just remember, your receiver may or may not get the best of package.

Do I think its worth the $4/month. I enjoy the nhl and irl, but I will not add it unless Sirius gets MLB.

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
My meaning was that if those shows leave XM for Sirius 128 and a XM subscriber doesn't pay for the Best of Sirius package they lose all NASCAR/Motor Sports programming.

MicEd

Oct 23, 2008
michigan
I have both a sirius and an xm receiver i think the best deal is the best of sirius on xm becaue you already have the nhl and mlb and with the best of sirius you get nascar radio. as far as the nhl they broadcast all the games just not all the feeds, they usualy only broadcast the home teams feed.

brett1963

Oct 30, 2008
Cincinnati
Here's my two cents. Obviously this merger is going to a lot more difficult that most people think. Its not a matter of flicking a few switches and voila! one nice big Satellite radio system.

The sham of interoperable radios makes it even more difficult.

If you have Sirius already your fine, you have the better channels, (nothing in the Best of XM is all that enticing).
If you have XM, your screwed into having paying an additional $4.04 per month if you want to get NASCAR and the NFL and Stern (I dont see that as a benefit, but apparently some weirdos do).

Rumour has it in the future you be able to pick approximtely 50 channels ala carte
at a lower per month subscription ($7 ish). I would bet my bottom dollar the most
wanted channels (read NASCAR, NFL, MLB, Stern, Ophrah, etc) will not be part of the
selection, I suspect they will be tiered...at a higher rate than we are paying now.

They cant simply offer 50 channels out of all the channels, as most people would do that, cutting
revenues by nealy 40% for an already struggling company.

Finally my BOLD prediction is Mel takes the company private and the shareholders (already in deep doo doo) lose just about everything.