For $20, fans can sponsor Kenny Wallace's race car

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Fan favorite Kenny Wallace is getting a little help from his friends.

Acting on an idea that was founded and cultivated by an online social-networking community that supports and consistently interacts with him, Wallace is extending the opportunity to all fans in a unique fan-driven sponsorship program. Wallace's "friends" have chosen to show their support for the Hermanator by sponsoring his No. 28 Chevy in the Nationwide Series race on Aug. 30 at Montreal.

"We've had a great sponsor [U.S. Border Patrol] on the No. 28 Chevy, and we're looking forward to having them on board for the rest of the year, but because of certain rules they won't be with us in Canada," Wallace said. "As a race car driver and a competitor, the team and I want to go and race to the best of our ability and compete for the win."

For $20 per name, fans have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a sponsor of the No. 28. The car will carry a special paint scheme designed by Wallace, listing each participating sponsor's name. After the race, an autographed picture of the car will be presented to each sponsor.

"We want everyone to know that this is a completely voluntary program," Wallace said. "We understand the economy isn't in the best position right now, but we've seen a huge amount of support for this, and after careful consideration, decided to move forward. If the fans want to join in on a great program, we are looking forward to having them on board. Most importantly, I can't thank the fans enough for the support they've already shown us, and I'm excited to see what we can raise and go out there and race."

Fans will have until July 31 to become a sponsor and can visit
Code:
kennywallace.com/sponsorkenny
for more information.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I heard about this on Moody's show the other day when Krazy Kenny was on. I think this is cool and fans can take part in it for $20 bucks.

I've already printed out my sponsor sheet. :)

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I'll pass this info on to my wife. She loves Kenny and would probably want to take part in this. Thanks for the info.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
This has never done well. Ask Brett Bodine. After Hooters took their sponsorship from the #11 car, Brett tried to sell "bricks" for his Brickyard Car. He tried making the race, but I can't remember if he made it or not :worried:

It's a good chance for fans of a certain driver to step up and show their support. Reminds me of the XM Nation back in 2003 when the NASCAR Radio listeners and other NASCAR Drivers raised $200k for Magic Shoes Mike McLaughlin so he could run the Daytona Busch race :)