Foodies

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana

Some nitpicky stuff in the video, but I found it interesting that Americans use the fork and knife different than Europeans. Go figure.

I think I used to switch hands after cutting food, but I got away from that a few years ago and now just keep the fork in the left hand. Usually pointing up though, not pointing down.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've always eaten the proper way, not knowing there was an improper way. Being ambidextrous with left-handed dominance makes it natural to cut with right hand, eat with left.

The 'Murican way seems to favor neanderthal types who can't do anything with their left hand.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The upside-down fork is stupid, pompous, and impractical.
The fork is shaped like it is to hold food on the convex side. You wouldn't use the back of a shovel to dig a hole would you?
She even says that it's the back.

And when I'm done with my meal, you'll know it. I'm wadding up the wrapper and stuffing it inside the french fry box.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I improved my scrambled egg sandwich breakfasts since I last talked about them. Now they are on toasted, buttered english muffins with cheddar, tomato and hot sauce. Nice way to start the day and doesn't take very long to put together.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I made sourdough French Toast and bacon this morning. (I bought the sourdough, I didn't make it like all of those over-achievers.)
Pretty easy. Pretty good.

I cut the shiznit out of my finger slicing the bread. I thought I'd cut one more thin slice of bread off the heel, but got too cocky and the thong rolled. I cut a slice off my fingertip instead. Lotta blood. Lotta blood. I didn't ruin any food, but it's the index finger, so work is going to be fun tomorrow.

• Wow

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I made sourdough French Toast and bacon this morning. (I bought the sourdough, I didn't make it like all of those over-achievers.)
Pretty easy. Pretty good.

I cut the shiznit out of my finger slicing the bread. I thought I'd cut one more thin slice of bread off the heel, but got too cocky and the thong rolled. I cut a slice off my fingertip instead. Lotta blood. Lotta blood. I didn't ruin any food, but it's the index finger, so work is going to be fun tomorrow.

Ouch.

That sucks.

Did the bacon French Toast turn out well at least?

In TV/movies I always get worried when I see someone cutting food when making a meal. I'm fine with watching people's heads get crushed or their whole bodies blown up or shot or even stabbed but something about being sliced doesn't sit right with me. It gives me the hibbie jibbies.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The French Toast and bacon turned out great! Thanks for asking.
I'm ending the long weekend happy and plump....with a giant band aid on my finger.
Actually, there's a big gauze pad and 3 band aids. It's rather bulbous.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On Friday it was beautiful, we took a ride with the top down to Wild Willy's, planning to have burgers brought out to eat in the car. We couldn't get through by phone to order, so we walked in. We had masks on, the guy taking orders/ answering the phone/ putting together orders/ delivering curbside was not. He was doing all that with no mask, and the one pair of gloves. Also, he made us wait while he took phone orders. The Mrs said fark dat, and we left.

She made breakfast for dinner, with sausage, scrambled eggs, and blueberry pancakes. Yum.

The next night we took the convertible to Bob's Clam Hut. Great operation, very well done. We got fried scallops and whole belly clams, ate in the car. Yum.

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
The French Toast and bacon turned out great! Thanks for asking.
I'm ending the long weekend happy and plump....with a giant band aid on my finger.
Actually, there's a big gauze pad and 3 band aids. It's rather bulbous.
Knife cuts hurt. But like a good chef, you finished the meal. Be sure and come up with something more exciting to tell your coworkers than cutting bread.

Reactions: HecticArt

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
On Friday it was beautiful, we took a ride with the top down to Wild Willy's, planning to have burgers brought out to eat in the car. We couldn't get through by phone to order, so we walked in. We had masks on, the guy taking orders/ answering the phone/ putting together orders/ delivering curbside was not. He was doing all that with no mask, and the one pair of gloves. Also, he made us wait while he took phone orders. The Mrs said fark dat, and we left.

She made breakfast for dinner, with sausage, scrambled eggs, and blueberry pancakes. Yum.

The next night we took the convertible to Bob's Clam Hut. Great operation, very well done. We got fried scallops and whole belly clams, ate in the car. Yum.
Sometimes breakfast foods are best at night.