FMSC1 Feedback and Pictures

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
Has anybody used this unit and do you have pictures of the install? I'm really struggling with what to do for Sirius in my car with the most functionality (e.g. song seek) with the most hidden installation.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Has anybody used this unit and do you have pictures of the install? I'm really struggling with what to do for Sirius in my car with the most functionality (e.g. song seek) with the most hidden installation.

What kind of car do you have? We haven't sold a lot of these units. They are really popular with install shops but often get overlooked by consumers.

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
2003 BMW (with OEM navigation). I exchanged a few e-mails Droo from your place over the winter trying to figure out a solution.

I was going to get the OEM solution, but it's pricey and questionable if my radio will support it - hence my hesitation. Plus it was only a tuner - no other features. Ontop of that they've stopped making it (for now at least).

A solution I may go with is the iPhone application since I already have a device that allows me to listen to my Apple products through the radio. However, this doesn't have any feature or all of the channels. Ontop of that I'd have to fiddle with the phone every time I want to change channels.

I have a small cubby at the botton of the console I'd like to tuck a solution into. I'll try and make a box with the dimensions of this unit and see if it will fit. It appears to be the smallest one out there. Previously I had picked up a Startus or an InV, but it didn't fit so I returned that to the store.

:bigahh:

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
That seems like it would work (based on the PIE language). However, I think it would mess with my iPod/Phone interface and it's also just a tuner (no artist seek, game alters, etc.).

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
That seems like it would work (based on the PIE language). However, I think it would mess with my iPod/Phone interface and it's also just a tuner (no artist seek, game alters, etc.).

Exactly. All those features just wouldn't exist in this kind of a kit. Or almost any integrated kit for that matter with the exception of the Replay features with some Alpine or Pioneer Headunits.

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
Exactly. All those features just wouldn't exist in this kind of a kit. Or almost any integrated kit for that matter with the exception of the Replay features with some Alpine or Pioneer Headunits.

Yeah, that's unfortuantely what I discovered. I thought about getting a different head unit, but honestly that's just a step too far at this point from what I'm willing to do.

The unit says the control module is 0.73" deep. I assume that inclues the protrusion of the control knob?

Superman07

Oct 27, 2008
0.73" would just be too easy, wouldn't it? ;)

The picture in the manual indicates a short cord off the control unit. Does that mean the interface module needs to be close, or is the "8 pin DIN Cable" an extension cable with a male/female interface?

Sorry for all of the questions - thanks for the responses though!