Fm Transmitter that will use the Fm Direct connection

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Install Bay' started by Burden, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Burden

Burden New Member

I don't know if this exists or if I'm saying this correctly, but I have the FM direct adapter installed in my car for my SL2, and I am looking for a FM transmitter that will plug into that so that I can plug in other devices and have them go over FM without any interference. Does anything like this exist? I figured their has to be something, but I'm not sure. If this is kinda confusing let me know and I will try and explain it better. Thanks in advance.

2. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

Huh?

I don't know if this will answer your question but it's the best FM transmitter around.

Http://www.ccrane.com/

I know it's expensive.

There's a hack so you can have 100 ft range. All you have to do is take it apart and there's a pot in there where you adjust it with a srewdriver.

3. jwt873

jwt873 Member

You have an FM transmitter in your SL2 dock. The FM adapter is used to connect the FM transmitter in your dock directly to your car FM radio.

External FM transmitters take the audio signal from the [Audio Out] jack and convert the audio signal to an FM signal.. You can't plug an FM transmitter into the FM out jack.

What you need is the FM transmitter secrecyguy mentioned in his post above. It's a good long range unit. To use one, you first turn off the built in FM transmitter in the dock, then plug the ccrane transmitter into the audio out jack. Pick a blank frequency and away you go..............

4. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

I think what he means is, he has his SL2 hardwired in his car with a wired FM modulator/direct adapter thingy. What he wants to do is be able to plug other devices into the sl2 dock and play them over the car radio through the sl2 dock.

To answer your question...I don't think so. There was an old universal dock, that came with the Sportster 4 with and aux in plug, but they quickly stopped making them.

5. GordyMac

GordyMac Member

I remember the Sportster 4 (i think) had an input in the dock which allowed this I believe.. but I don't think this has similar features..

6. mastermixer

mastermixer New Member

I think what he can do is unplug the fm input from his receiver, get an adapter (mini headphone plug male TO standard headphone plug female) and connect other things directly to the direct modulator. Hope that makes sense :confused:

7. no1hedberg

no1hedberg Member

I may be wrong, but if there's no FM frequency present, I don't think the antenna will switch off and use the input. I don't know what kind of car/stereo you have, but your best bet might be an aux adapter with multiple input like the PIE X3 that gives you 3 inputs. It will give you better sound quality, and extra inputs for other sound devices. tss-radio.com can help you get what you need.

8. mynameisjamie

mynameisjamie Member

This is an FM Direct Adapter that is RCA in so you could get a 1/8' in to RCA out cable and then get a 1/8' inch splitter. One could be dedicated to Sirius and the other to any other Aux. Input you wanted.

I wanted to make an illustration:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009