Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Now that the other BCS games are over, What are you predicting for Florida vs. Oklahoma?

I'll go with... Florida 38, Oklahoma 31

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
I'm picking Oklahoma ... or am I just saying that to make you think I'm picking OK, but I'm really picking FL ... or have I anticipated you would think I was pretending to take OK .... awww nevermind, I'm picking Florida - or am I??

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm picking Oklahoma ... or am I just saying that to make you think I'm picking OK, but I'm really picking FL ... or have I anticipated you would think I was pretending to take OK .... awww nevermind, I'm picking Florida - or am I??

Yes that's very good what you've done there! Oh well...hopefully we ended up picking different teams just so it's interesting.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
A little premature maybe? You can already get your official Oklahoma National Champions merchandise!

ou_national_champion_hats.jpg

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
A little premature maybe? You can already get your official Oklahoma National Champions merchandise!

ou_national_champion_hats.jpg

I remember when Miami did that on 2002. The Columbus Dispactch had a huge article on it. Let me tell you this it fired up Ohio State. I'm pulling for Oklahoma. I like Stoops. He's on Ohio boy plus I hate Tim Tebow.

RoadRunner

Oct 13, 2008
My question is, who does Elwood have in this game?

Yes that's very good what you've done there! Oh well...hopefully we ended up picking different teams just so it's interesting.
AJ, I notice you're not telling us who you picked...

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Oklahoma's run of 60 points in all those games sure ended in a hurry. 14 points? Welcome to the SEC!

Congratulations, Gators!

Musicologist

Nov 22, 2008
Sooners = Gator Bait!

I've said it all year and I'll say it again---overall, the Big 12 doesn't play defense as well as the SEC.

Bradford, McCoy and Harrell wouldn't have had the big numbers they did this year, if they'd have been playing in the SEC.

Ole Miss gave Texas Tech/Harrell a well deserved 47-34 smackdown in the Cotton Bowl also.

Who's your daddy, Big 12?!

THE SEC! :bigthumbup:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It's funny how all of these SEC proponents conveninently leave out the ass-kicking Alabama endured at the hands of Utah.

I'll grant you that SEC defenses in general are better than the Big XII's. But, let's not forget Oklahoma held the Gator offense to 24 points. And these bowl games are not a good indicator of conference strength. First of all, you have these huge layoffs that effect things like rhythm, timing, and continuity. I guarantee that game last night would have been much higher scoring - on both sides - had the game been played right after the Big XII and SEC Championships. And you also have teams who don't want to be in their respective bowls, like an Alabama in the Sugar, or a Texas Tech in the Cotton. Sure, the Cotton is a nice bowl, but did it really matter to Tech? I'm sure the same thinking went on in 'Bama's locker room.

Musicologist

Nov 22, 2008
It's funny how all of these SEC proponents conveninently leave out the ass-kicking Alabama endured at the hands of Utah.

I'll grant you that SEC defenses in general are better than the Big XII's. But, let's not forget Oklahoma held the Gator offense to 24 points. And these bowl games are not a good indicator of conference strength. First of all, you have these huge layoffs that effect things like rhythm, timing, and continuity. I guarantee that game last night would have been much higher scoring - on both sides - had the game been played right after the Big XII and SEC Championships. And you also have teams who don't want to be in their respective bowls, like an Alabama in the Sugar, or a Texas Tech in the Cotton. Sure, the Cotton is a nice bowl, but did it really matter to Tech? I'm sure the same thinking went on in 'Bama's locker room.

You conveniently forgot that Alabama's Most Valuable Player, Andre Smith, who is one of the finest offensive interior linemen in college football history, was suspended and thus unable to play in the Sugar Bowl. Smith was the 2008 Outland Trophy winner, given to the best interior lineman in the country on offense OR defense. Smith is expected to be a Top 5 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Common sense tells me that a team can't lose their MVP, who is an absolutely critical component of their offense, and expect to win against a team like Utah. Not to mention that Utah isn't even in the Big 12, so is irrelevant in a comparison between the SEC and the Big 12.

If Texas Tech doesn't have enough fighting spirit to want to play in and win the Cotton Bowl, then they should've declined the bid and let a team who's willing to give their best play in it.

The "huge layoffs" between the final regular season games and the bowls aren't an excuse either, because ALL teams face the same layoffs. The layoffs can actually be a good thing for teams that have injured players at the end of the regular season, as it gives them more time to heal. The layoffs also give the teams plenty of time to prepare their game plans and practice.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
You conveniently forgot that Alabama's Most Valuable Player, Andre Smith, who is one of the finest offensive interior linemen in college football history, was suspended and thus unable to play in the Sugar Bowl. Smith was the 2008 Outland Trophy winner, given to the best interior lineman in the country on offense OR defense. Smith is expected to be a Top 5 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Common sense tells me that a team can't lose their MVP, who is an absolutely critical component of their offense, and expect to win against a team like Utah. Not to mention that Utah isn't even in the Big 12, so is irrelevant in a comparison between the SEC and the Big 12.

Okay, so by the same token, Crabtree's ankle was noticeably bothering him in the Cotton Bowl; he was no where near 100%. Harrell's interception for a TD was Crabtree's fault. Now if Crabtree (an expected top 10 pick) was completely healthy, would Tech have won? Doubt it. If Andre Smith played in the Sugar Bowl, would Alabama have won? Please. It was 21-0 before the 1st quarter had even ended.

Go ahead and claim the SEC is best. I really can't argue based on the bowl results. You're probably right. And I don't care. That distinction seems important only to SEC fans. But if you want to use the bowl games as the sole piece of evidence, how can you not call the Pac-10 best?