Flavor Flav

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
He's still got it, whatever happened to the good old days of yo, mtv raps?

He should stop this reality show nonsense and get the band back together!

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
He should stop this reality show nonsense and get the band back together!

Don't know "the band" would work these days. The lyrical content was a slap in the face to Mr. Whitey back when public enemy hit the scene in the late 80s/early 90s. I remember when they started getting some play on a few college radio shows -- different than everything else out there. Currently, we have a black (even if partially) president with others in high places throughout society. I guess they could rap about some African-American college football coaches being ignored by major universities in the south.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Don't know "the band" would work these days. The lyrical content was a slap in the face to Mr. Whitey back when public enemy hit the scene in the late 80s/early 90s. I remember when they started getting some play on a few college radio shows -- different than everything else out there. Currently, we have a black (even if partially) president with others in high places throughout society. I guess they could rap about some African-American college football coaches being ignored by major universities in the south.

Yeah, I imagine it would be tough to justify naming an album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back when one of their "Us" is running the nation. :yesshake:

Note: I'm speaking as a fan. The Spit/Avalon club in Boston used to play PE right next to the Punk and Goth music when I hung out there way back when. Seemed to fit the mood and had a great rebellious message. Can't say I like where rap is today, but back then PE was the balls.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Howard did a good job getting him to speak freely about his gang membership and his commiting armed robbery. His past victims must be proud to have him as their robber.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Since Howard loves giving out radio shows to just about anyone, why not give an hour to Flavor Flav? Seems to me like this is a guy who you just turn the mic on and let him go.

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glXrU00KcN4]YouTube - Under One Roof with Flavor Flav[/ame]

Anyone watch his Sitcom on MyNetwork TV? There is a white girl on it that is hot as hell.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Note: I'm speaking as a fan. The Spit/Avalon club in Boston used to play PE right next to the Punk and Goth music when I hung out there way back when. Seemed to fit the mood and had a great rebellious message. Can't say I like where rap is today, but back then PE was the balls.

Same here. I was turned onto PE early on by a guy heavily into black flag, skinny puppy, ministry (their heavier stuff). Like you stated, it seemed to fit between the other stuff. "the message" of their rap has been replaced with clever ways to explain the sex act.