First hour guests

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
HATE them.

The first hour plus of the show is generally my favorite part because this is when Howard and crew will just bullshit and talk amongst themselves. But when a guest comes in right at the top of the show, like today with Al Roker, that first hour is completely ruined. Besides, who's looking for Al Roker anyway?

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I like Al as a guest but you're right. the first hour is usually the best because of the BS'ing with the crew only. Actually, I prefer the days when there is no quests.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I actually enjoy Al Roker and Al Roker type guests. They like Howard. They know what to expect from Howard and they have a good time pretending to answer his questions and actually answer a few. When you first hear Al Roker is coming ... and you know it's to plug some stupid show.... you think why why why? But Howard knows how to make it fun.. It's even more of an accomplishment for Howard to make it fun than it is for the Al Rokers of the world to get out of there smiling.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
HATE them.

The first hour plus of the show is generally my favorite part because this is when Howard and crew will just bullshit and talk amongst themselves. But when a guest comes in right at the top of the show, like today with Al Roker, that first hour is completely ruined. Besides, who's looking for Al Roker anyway?

100% right on!

1st hour should be strictly frivolous chit-chattings between the main doo-doo-stains

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Yep. Love Al...but in hour 2.

Hour 1 is definitely for bullshitt'n and picking on jerks.

It's going to be HARD to wake up without this in a few years...

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
not only first hour, but 11 mins in...........

Wtf is that about?! I'm gonna fast forward through this..

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
One of my favorite moments from the The Sirius Years was when Artie asked Al Roker in his Ed Torian voice if he ever called Katie Couric a nigger.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
THANK GOD Al showed up today. If they had kept on bullshitting, Howard might have mentioned Beth... :ignore:

I'd love to see the look on the faces in the studio when Artie made his joke about "You gotta get those kids into the public school." when Al said their private school actually had more children of color. It was an awkward pause with some nervous laughter...