Firefox update

Andrew8468

Plans on freezing in the dark
Oct 26, 2008
Canada, eh?
I assume most people d/l and installed the latest Firefox update 3.5.5. I did the other day along with an update to Safari 4.0.4 and Firefox seems to be crashing more often. 3 times today just from basic surfing. I'm running XP with SP3. Any idea what might be going on?

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I'm on 3.5.5 on my Mac (have been for a bit I think) and I also upgraded Safari, but I do not use it.

No issues here.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
My FF crashed, consistently, for 2 days straight last week. I couldn't use Autotrader.com for the life of me. Facebook was affected, too.

I was pissed. FF is usually pretty reliable. I dl'ed the latest version and I haven't seem to have any noticable issues.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Firefox hasn't caused me any trouble so far on my (relatively) new laptop. I started with 3, and I've gotten all the subsequent updates and upgrades. My only problem is that it hogs so much RAM that browsing while playing music on iTunes causes issues with skipping unless I set iTunes' priority to "above normal" in Task Manager. No biggie, but I have to remember to do it every time I open up iTunes.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Firefox hasn't caused me any trouble so far on my (relatively) new laptop. I started with 3, and I've gotten all the subsequent updates and upgrades. My only problem is that it hogs so much RAM that browsing while playing music on iTunes causes issues with skipping unless I set iTunes' priority to "above normal" in Task Manager. No biggie, but I have to remember to do it every time I open up iTunes.

iTunes sucks.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

What type processor/speed and ram do you have? I used iTunes on an Atom processor with 2gb of Ram no skipping with Firefox open. Sounds sort of odd to me.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
What type processor/speed and ram do you have? I used iTunes on an Atom processor with 2gb of Ram no skipping with Firefox open. Sounds sort of odd to me.

I have an Intel Pentium M processor, 2ghz, 798 mhz with 2 gigs of RAM. I got this laptop from a company that was getting rid of a few, so I don't know a whole lot about it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have an Intel Pentium M processor, 2ghz, 798 mhz with 2 gigs of RAM. I got this laptop from a company that was getting rid of a few, so I don't know a whole lot about it.

You may need to defrag your hard drive and or even do a clean install of your OS. You certainly should not have skipping going on in iTunes with FireFox open! iTunes and Firefox both use a good bit of memory, but something is up for this to be happening.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Although Firefox is my preferred browser since I started using Windows 7 Firefox isn't saving my username/passwords. Although it's a pain sometimes I've begun to accept it as another security measure.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
FF still crashes on me. I couldn't get into my AOL mail the other day for an hour. God Almighty does that piss me off.