1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Finders Keepers

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by Andrew8468, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Still Not Dead

2. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

He'll get sued.
  3. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

Hopefully not and, if he does, hopefully he doesn't win. I have found money and returned it many times but this is one time I would not due to it being a purchase with no returns. The seller didn't lose the money because he never even knew it was there. It isn't like this was his safe and he put the money in it.
  4. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

Here is what the sellers policy is, The regretful Labrecque had asked for a cut of the cash, but the buyer declined, citing Labrecque's selling policy which states, "What you see is what you get, no returns, and no money back."

No way the buyer should give up any of the money. The buyer should have kept quiet though. I wonder if he will have to pay taxes on it.

[​IMG]
  5. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Moderator

I'd have offered to split it with the seller. For real. If he said no, f*** him. If he said yes, I'd have given half of my half to charity ($6,500) and put the rest in the bank.

That's how I roll. I'd have done the right thing and ended up with at least $6,500 that I didn't have the day before.

:bigthumbup:

Aren't I self-righteous? :D
  6. blyons200

blyons200 The droning of America

I wouldn't of said anything at all.;)
  7. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

The seller shouldn't have sold a safe that didn't have a combination to it.
    He was trying to trick the buyer and lost.
  8. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It sounds like the guy selling just flips lots of stuff he scrounges up. He knows he should look at everything before he sells it. Know your product. . . . .

That said, I might send him a grand or two for karma.
  9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I would probably do the same.