Ferrall--who listens to this?

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Do any of you listen to Ferral? I'll be honest, until I just heard his promo for this show tonight, I totally forgot he was on.

I don't mean this as a hate thread, I just wonder who listens. If Bubba feels that he gets no promotion then Ferral must be just furious with the ZERO talking about him. Howard never, ever mentions the guy and I hardly ever hear about his show.

So, my question is does anybody listen?

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I have zero interest in sports talk, but Ferrall is entertaining as hell and makes it listenable. If he did a different type of show I'd probably listen more.

And Sirius XM has fucked him over too in his contracts, which is why he had a TV gig for a while.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I listen to him. Especially his Saturday morning repalys(I get up real early). He is differernt, but he knows his shit. He knows way more than just baseball and tennis. Plus if you give it a chance he wil entertain you.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
Sometimes I hear him before Howard starts in the morning. His show is entertaining, but when he's on live I'm out of radio mode and watching tv.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Sha-sha-check it oooooout.

Once in a while when he's talking UFC.

Not a usual listener, though.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
No. It comes off as too much of a gimmick show. Not that he doesn't have valid takes on all sports, he does. I can't get into all of busy sound collage going on constantly and the "greaseman" style of Ferrallisms, eh....it's too morning zoo for my liking.

Eh...his show fills up a few hours of the schedule at a comparatively cheap rate.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Do any of you listen to Ferral? I'll be honest, until I just heard his promo for this show tonight, I totally forgot he was on.

I don't mean this as a hate thread, I just wonder who listens. If Bubba feels that he gets no promotion then Ferral must be just furious with the ZERO talking about him. Howard never, ever mentions the guy and I hardly ever hear about his show.

So, my question is does anybody listen?

I dont like his show personally. for a number of reasons:

1. his voice is annoying as f*ck
  2. he talks too much hockey
  3. he talks over guest
  4. constant music in the background (and its loud)
  5. sports show doesn't fit in on the howard channels
  6. most of the times, its just him talking, and he doesn't have any real co-host

not saying his show is bad, but it's not my cup of tea. and when I wanna hear sports talk, I specifically wanna hear about my local teams, which is something that sirius doesn't have on any of their sports shows obviously. and that puts me back to testicular sports talk and their 30 min of commercials every hour if I can actually tolerate it for more than an hour at any given time.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
I listen occasionally.

Did anyone hear his comments the other night? He said there are people who work for Howard who think they are important because they work for him. Sounded like he had a specific person in mind.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I listen occasionally.

Did anyone hear his comments the other night? He said there are people who work for Howard who think they are important because they work for him. Sounded like he had a specific person in mind.
I love when he gets on a rant about whatever is pissing him off at the company. Bubba and him are the only two on the channels willing to delve into what upsets them in a specific manner.

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Too bad he didn't get into. Sounded like there's a major asshole hanger-on in Howard's crew. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Ross Zapin.

Anyone else listen to Morency on 98? He was a good sports guy too. They fired him for being too drunk on the air.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
I only listen in the morning (replay) during Howard's breaks, sometimes staying tuned for a decent interview. Mostly not -- too much hockey/UFC talk.

His call of the last minutes of the final stanley cup game this spring was priceless. I wish other sportscasters could speak their minds that way on the air. Wonder how many wanted to tell a team or player to "suck my smelly balls".

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i love ferrall! i think he puts together the best national sports show. i love listening to sports talk but 95% of what i listen to is the local philly sports station WIP. its nice being down here in FL and being able to hear philly sports talk on my computer. i dont really care about FL sports, but since the guys on stern have talked about sid rosenberg a bunch i gave him a listen and dig his show a bunch too. but like i said, those are all local sports talkers. the national guys kinda blow...except ferrall. i get a real kick outta him. it took me a few months to get used to him, but now i love his take on various shit.

also, i called in once and he gave me $500 worth of meat from that rib website they were hyping for awhile. the only time ive ever been given something from a radio guy, so i gotta love him for that.

-jhdk

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I really dig Ferrrell. He has very interesting people from the sports world, that a lot of people would never think to have on. He's also unafraid to really give his opinion of a player, team, or it's management. I didn't get it at first, but now I really like it. It has to grow on you at first. I think Bubba was that way. Once you get the grove, and lingo of the show, you feel like an insider.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I listen occasionally.

who do u think he was referring to?

I really dig Ferrrell. He has very interesting people from the sports world, that a lot of people would never think to have on. He's also unafraid to really give his opinion of a player, team, or it's management. I didn't get it at first, but now I really like it. It has to grow on you at first. I think Bubba was that way. Once you get the grove, and lingo of the show, you feel like an insider.

i was listening to him randomly while riding home from work, and he had floyd money mayweather one. which is a HUGE name in sports. but the whole interview sucked cuz ferrall was talking over him and interrupting the whole time. and boxers are great interviews cuz they are totally non PC and will curse and talk sh*t with the best of em.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
I tape his show about twice a week and listen to the replays the next day at work. He gets on his rants but I love it. His voice turned me off at first but I got used to it. He seems very wise about his sports picks. Has anyone ever betted based on his picks?

hwkn

Oct 14, 2008
Evanston,IL
I've listened to him nightly for the last year[I happen to be a big hockey fan too].......imho he's the 21st century version of Howard Cosell[he calls things as he sees em without worrying about what others think of his opinions just like Howard did back in the day].

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I thought he was originally added because Howard generally doesn't talk sports. This fills that void.

Ferrall isn't for everyone, then again, neither are Howard, or O&A, or Bubba, or Ellis, or anyone else.

I like him because:
1) He tells it like it is. --- How many other sportscasters were fired from FM radio for the phrase "taking it up the ass" when their team was losing bad?

2) His game-winning goal call in the Stanley Cup Finals was epic. I'm sure other sportscasters were thinking that, but only he could say it like that.

3) The music is awesome... it adds sort of a "sportsbar" feel to the show. The various games "that call sucked, you're a dick, chateau bow-wow, ferrall-a-pub, brothel, etc." add a good twist.

I saw him live one time and he actually had a sweat towel. How many other radio hosts carry a towel with them to wipe off during the breaks?

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I really wish I listened. I love sports and sports talk, but for some reason I've never gotten around to trying his show out for more than a couple of minutes by accident. He seems like a cool cat. I already know I like him more than Mad Dog, whose voice I really cannot take.