Feeler: XMP3, 2 car kits, xm direct connect

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Just seeing if there is any interest here. I am probably going to switch over to the stiletto after christmas, so this will be up for sale. It is in great condition, only used for 5 months or so. I "think" the only accessory that will not be included is the OEM xm car antenna. I do have another antenna that I can throw in though.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
haven't checked ebay, but i figure $160 or so for it all. This would all be after christmas though, so you waould have to wait

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
What does the car kit look like?

most of it is still in its original plastic. just the dock, power cord and antenna aren't

i can take actual pictures when i get back from christmas:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
most of it is still in its original plastic. just the dock, power cord and antenna aren't

i can take actual pictures when i get back from christmas:

Is that a direct connect cable? How does it hookup in the car?

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
The cable shown looks like an AUX cable.

correct. the car kit comes with a aux-in cable to use (if your car has aux-in), and I also have a XM direct connect. Just plug in your antenna, and FM antenna and it cuts out all radio signal on that frequency.

I think you can also use the car kit over FM transmitter, but I am not positive about that.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
correct. the car kit comes with a aux-in cable to use (if your car has aux-in), and I also have a XM direct connect. Just plug in your antenna, and FM antenna and it cuts out all radio signal on that frequency.

I think you can also use the car kit over FM transmitter, but I am not positive about that.

Is the XM direct connect the same as the Sirius direct connect? I already have the SIR version in my Jeep.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
Is the XM direct connect the same as the Sirius direct connect? I already have the SIR version in my Jeep.

Slightly different. The sirius one connects into the dock in a FM spot, where the XM connects into the XM antenna spot on the dock. They function the same though

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Slightly different. The sirius one connects into the dock in a FM spot, where the XM connects into the XM antenna spot on the dock. They function the same though

Oooh. I see. I can't see having both systems installed, then.

Thanks anyway dude.