Favre....what a Jerk (and a Minnesota Viking)

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
SO he's going to stay retired...FOR NOW. I lost so much respect for Favre in the past two years. Even as a Lions fan, I was a huge fan of Favre and the way he played. Over the past two seasons...man...what a dick.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Is he deciding to stay retired or is he not getting picked up out of training camp?

He told the Vikings that he's staying retired. He doesn't want to go through the mental and physical strain of another season.

I say he's still coming back...the guy won't know what to do if ESPN isn't following him around. It got to the point where Rachel Nichols was reporting when he shit everyday.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
it's gotta be tough accepting you're no longer physically what you once were...guy was blessed but everyone goes downhill eventually

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I really wish that Favre stayed retired after his tenure at Green Bay was over. End it with class. Now, he's a joke (headed to the Hall of Fame).

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Favre...Farve? What the f*ck?

He'll always be great in my book. I can't put myself in his position to stop doing something I've known and loved for years. It's gotta be a total mindf*ck just to give that up.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I lost so much respect for Favre in the past two years.

Yeah, me too and it's a very sad situation I think.

He could have retired with class, had the jersey retired with a stadium full of fans, etc.

Now he's in limbo land and everybody's moved on.

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
perfect analogy. He kind of screwed himself to the point where 5 years down the line, sure he'll be picked in his first year of eligibility for the Hall but nobody will remember his SB victory 13 years ago...We'll remember him as the guy who stayed on for too long.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I don't care if he plays or stays retired, what I hope for is that in the future, whenever he's interviewed, that he cries uncontrollably while answering questions about his legacy.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I think the years will be kind to Favre. We remember Willie Mays for his great play with the Giants much more than for his last year with the Mets. Nobody wants to remember Joe Namath as a Los Angeles Ram either.

I realize it's different with Favre because he dragged it out so long, but we will remember the good times as well.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
We remember Willie Mays for his great play with the Giants much more than for his last year with the Mets. Nobody wants to remember Joe Namath as a Los Angeles Ram either.

Earl Campbell as a Saint. You should have got that one Aaron. ;)

(Or on the opposite side of things...Archie Manning with the Oilers)