Farrah Fawcett dies at 62

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Farrah Fawcett, whose stunning looks and blinding smile made her a pop icon of the 1970s, has died. She was 62.

Her spokesman, Paul Bloch, says Fawcett died Thursday morning in a Santa Monica hospital. Her 21/2-year battle with cancer was depicted in the TV documentary "Farrah's Story."

She burst on the scene in 1976 as one-third of the crime-fighting trio in TV's "Charlie's Angeles." A poster of her in a clingy swimsuit sold in the millions.

She left the show after one season but had a flop on the big screen with "Somebody Killed Her Husband." She turned to more serious roles in the 1980s and 1990s, winning praise playing an abused wife in "The Burning Bed."

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
Farrah "Thank You" for what you have given us for your time on Earth, now the Universe has a "Brighter Star" for us to gaze up at

Bless Your Family at a time like this............... :cry:

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
I had the poster and the puzzle.

She was fantastic.

I gotta say... about the puzzle...

Same thing.. the famous poster with the 1970's beach blanket.. and the puzzle.

With the PUZZLE (a jigsaw puzzle with, god knows... 100+ pieces) , each NIP was on two different pieces. And strategically placed!!

:clueless:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
How do you figure that?

Cancer occurs in everybody daily. Genetic mutations are a part of cell division. Usually, the checkpoints catch aberrations but nothing is perfect. Live long enough, you get cancer. Cells being imperfect is beneficial to life. Usually the changes are bad, but sometimes they're good.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Cancer occurs in everybody daily.
Live long enough, you get cancer.

You're switching perspective between those two statements. I think what folks here refer to as a "cure for cancer" is more aligned with the 2nd perspective. They don't care if cell growth gets wonky as long as it doesn't kill them.

Personally, evolution can go reproduce with itself (with variation). I want to live forever.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
You're switching perspective between those two statements. I think what folks here refer to as a "cure for cancer" is more aligned with the 2nd perspective. They don't care if cell growth gets wonky as long as it doesn't kill them.

Personally, evolution can go reproduce with itself (with variation). I want to live forever.

Actually, those quotes are correct if you include what I said right after "you get cancer daily".

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Cancer occurs in everybody daily. Genetic mutations are a part of cell division. Usually, the checkpoints catch aberrations but nothing is perfect. Live long enough, you get cancer. Cells being imperfect is beneficial to life. Usually the changes are bad, but sometimes they're good.

I believe what is refered to as cancer is the cell divisions which have not been corrected by the checkpoint. I believe fixing the checkpoint is what people refer to when they say they want a cure for cancer.