Factory radios song seek?

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I just bought a new 2010 Ford Fusion yesterday with factory Sirius. I was playing around with the radio last night, and in the menu there was an option to save the current song. I don't remember what exactly it said, but it was something like that. I haven't had time to play with it more yet. It this an option on new factory radios? Are the new ones boxm compatible? My wife's 08' Edge isn't compatible. Thanks.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
It could also be a way to remember a certain song. My old XM radios have that feature. Usually factory radios are pretty bare bones when it comes to features.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I would guess that your 2010 Fusion is BOXM compatible, but not sure. Some OEM satellite radios are pretty advanced like what is in the cars with Sync, but I've seen very little progress from others. I had a 2010 Ford Mustang rental and wasn't impressed at all by the display info on the SIRIUS on it.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
I would guess that your 2010 Fusion is BOXM compatible, but not sure. Some OEM satellite radios are pretty advanced like what is in the cars with Sync, but I've seen very little progress from others. I had a 2010 Ford Mustang rental and wasn't impressed at all by the display info on the SIRIUS on it.

Here are some pics of my Fusion stereo. I think the Mustang still uses the old double din style radios. The Fusion stereo seems to be a little more advanced than my wife's 08' Edge. I saved a few songs, but haven't heard an alert yet. I haven't listened much since Howard is off this week though.

Normal Display

Song seek menu

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That is cool!

I know some of the newer Pioneer aftermarket head units support the song/artist seek, along with game alerts too. But my biggest aggravation with Pioneer is that just can't seem to get around this 16 character limit that was imposed years ago when they were only in bed with XM and all XM's tuners could do was 16 characters.

It is good to see OEM's finally catching up!