F*ck Sirius-XM and their "best of" Bullsh*t.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I'm done with this company. I was happy to pay the $116 for a year of Sirius - but I don't get reception. I get PERFECT reception with my XMP3 so I decided to activate that. $220. WTF??? It's literally TWICE as much just so that I can listen to Ellis and Stern? Fuck these guys. I will spend my time looking for torrents and just download the shows. I can't even describe how disgusted I am with this company as someone that has been a supporter since 2005.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
You'll be back...

You should have just settled with a lifetime sub. It pays off in the long run.

Not if you need "best of Sirius". Sirius repeaters don't give me coverage in DC, I need XM. But, I only want Ellis and Stern - so, best of. They wanted $300 for my 2 radios for 1 year. Call me spoiled, but it wasn't like this 2 years ago.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
$499.99 and it pays itself off in a little over 29 months (less than two and half years compared with the $16.99 you would pay monthly).

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well I feel your pain. Today I canceled my Best of Sirius and 128kb streaming. It just wasn't worth it to me for the little I was using either of those services. I don't give two shits about Stern, so having the BOS for me was about the NFL. However, the coverage on ESPN is just about as good as the NFL channel.

I also do the family friendly setup, which saves me a buck a month for channels I don't listen too anyway. Every little bit helps!

Now when I am at home or at the office, I just use my Slacker account that was my original intent anyway. When I am in the car I use my XM Skydock!

It is the royalty fees that has made every ones bill go up but them adding all these add on fees, like the BOS OR BOXM and Streaming. I still enjoy the service a great deal, so I won't cancel, but clearly it is costing us all a lot more money to get the same level of service we were getting before.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Not if you need "best of Sirius". Sirius repeaters don't give me coverage in DC, I need XM. But, I only want Ellis and Stern - so, best of. They wanted $300 for my 2 radios for 1 year. Call me spoiled, but it wasn't like this 2 years ago.

Well, two years ago your would just be SOL since you could not get Stern or Ellis on XM. But I hear ya on the cost. The overall cost seems to have grown high enough where it doesn't really fly under the financial radar anymore. A hundred bucks or so per year is reasonable, but once you start getting much above that it makes you think twice about what you get in return and if it's worth it. I'm going to do one more year on my non-lifetime sub, and if Howard leaves next year that radio will be shut off as well. I'll still have my lifetime sub but I probably won't use it that much after Howard.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Fuck XM. An here's the interesting thing..... Sirius will make deals, XM won't. You are at the mercy of XM.

XM will give you a ride in the bus if you don't cancel. :wave:

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
When was the last time you tried the Stiletto in a portable mode? It was before the new Satellite went up right?

I will lend you a Stiletto 2 to try again if you want.

I truly believe that the services still do offer some minor perks on different sides. The services need to be more equal. I really love the fact that people who had XM in their cars or homes can now pay more to get something they couldn't get before like Stern. But I REALLY don't like that SIRIUS subscribers have fewer radio options in the future and will have to pay MORE to get the content they've always got for a lot less.

Add services for a fee yes. Pushing people to move to a side to pay more fees no. It's a fine line but not one a subscription service should be playing games with.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
When was the last time you tried the Stiletto in a portable mode? It was before the new Satellite went up right?

I will lend you a Stiletto 2 to try again if you want.

I truly believe that the services still do offer some minor perks on different sides. The services need to be more equal. I really love the fact that people who had XM in their cars or homes can now pay more to get something they couldn't get before like Stern. But I REALLY don't like that SIRIUS subscribers have fewer radio options in the future and will have to pay MORE to get the content they've always got for a lot less.

Add services for a fee yes. Pushing people to move to a side to pay more fees no. It's a fine line but not one a subscription service should be playing games with.

Unless my S2 is broken, I just don't get a signal here. I tried to activate it yesterday and couldn't because I got zero signal. I've never had an issue before in major cities. Houston, Boston, Portland, Seattle - no problem. For some reason here in DC I'm getting nothing. I get 4 bars in doors with the XMP3 but I couldn't even get enough signal to activate the S2.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Capt, isn't this the reason why you intially dumped a few subs back in July or August?

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Capt, isn't this the reason why you intially dumped a few subs back in July or August?

Yup. The price increase caused me to bail. I was happy just downloading Ellis torrents and listening to bits of Stern via my ex's online account - but now the torrent site is shut down and I'm having a hard time finding other sources. So, I'm looking to sign back up. I would actually prefer to pay because I want to support sat rad - but the price increases are becoming insane. Why the hell is it twice as much to get the same content through XM as it is from Sirius?? This is the SAME DAMNED COMPANY!

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yup. The price increase caused me to bail. I was happy just downloading Ellis torrents and listening to bits of Stern via my ex's online account - but now the torrent site is shut down and I'm having a hard time finding other sources. So, I'm looking to sign back up. I would actually prefer to pay because I want to support sat rad - but the price increases are becoming insane. Why the hell is it twice as much to get the same content through XM as it is from Sirius?? This is the SAME DAMNED COMPANY!

Yeah, it's :bs: :idunno:

I tried adding your XMp3 player when I got it onto a Sirius account. At that time the dual feature wasn't an option but they mentioned it would be soon.

I guess we haven't reached that point yet. It's freakin nonsense.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I have heard of weird reception outages in DC for Sirius. Maybe XM put out some interference signals back in teh day to cut out Sirius, during the pre-merger days. HAHA! And they forgot to stop after the merger.

I can't imagine if you have a wall facing south that you can't get any reception from Sirius. I moved my Sirius antenna indoors when the new sat went up, it literally has not dropped out even for a second in 5 months.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
DC's probably bathed with radio/radar interference more and more every year since 911, reception cant be great.

Sat rad is just not worth the $ and the headache any more, now that the programing has slipped and prices are up.