Eye-Fi

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
No, but I read an article about a lady whose camera was stolen and they were able to find the perps because they were taking pics with it and it was sending the pics out and they didn't know it.

It's a great way to eliminate the need for a cable or card reader.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Yea, I mean, at first I was thinking I should just get me a card reader, but, I never seem to have the time or the thought to download photos, so, it is much more of a transparent process now. Mine doesnt have the Geo-Tagging or anything else though.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
This sounds like a horrible idea. I want my camera trying to send pictures to every wifi network it finds? I didn't realize plugging in the USB cable was such a chore for some people.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
This sounds like a horrible idea. I want my camera trying to send pictures to every wifi network it finds? I didn't realize plugging in the USB cable was such a chore for some people.

I could see that arguement, but fact is, before i got my Eye-Fi, my card would have loads of pics on it, now, everytime my camera and computer is on, it downloads. I just have the "home" version, there are other versions that you can buy that are able to use public hotspots. When you use the home version, you have to configure it to your wireless router.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Sounds like you're about to turn on the hose and chase us off your lawn...

You recognize that sound, eh? Buncha punks. When I was your age a USB cable was called Fox Photo and it took a week to download onto a hard drive we called paper. And there was a punk sitting in the USB cable playing with himself all day.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
86526102fijIie_ph.jpg