Ex Howard Tv Employee Gives Dirt On What Went On In The Back Office

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011

The guy has a voice distortion put on but the info seems good. Howard is in a cult my friends.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
idk, let some people actually come forward and ill start to believe it. there are tons of reddit threads of people who "know" or "have worked for" the show talking all sorts of shit like this but once u start down that rabbit hole of reading supposed disgruntled exes there is no coming back.

eek...i just listened a bit and they are talking about how 1 day of howards pay could keep them for a year. thats such sour grapes. everyone makes their own deal. this makes me think its not all that legit. these guys know they are in showbiz right? it sucks htv got the boot and a sendoff would have been nice but come on, shit gets canceled all the time with no notice. that not exactly earth shattering news.

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Summary:

1. HowardTV had very few subscribers.
2. HowardTV wasn't renewed so this guy was out of work.
3. This guy is mad because Howard didn't keep paying this guy to make a tv show no one watched.
4. This guy is mad because Howard keeps paying Ralph to be his friend.
5. This guy doesn't like how the radio show has changed or AGT.
6. This guy and the interviewer seem to spend a lot of their energy on a radio show they don't like.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
True everyone makes his or her own deal. But anyone working there, struggling to pay the rent in and around NYC, would have a hard time suppressing the knowledge that Howard - unlike Jay Leno - refuses to spread around his enormous income. I do not know that for a fact but it sure seems that way. Howard has trouble parting with $500 for Wendy. He cannot stop talking about Robin's $800 wine. His favorite, JD, takes a subway to work in the middle of the night (at least he used to). It bothers him that Jeff and HP Eric, two damaged individuals, get government benefits.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
True everyone makes his or her own deal. But anyone working there, struggling to pay the rent in and around NYC, would have a hard time suppressing the knowledge that Howard - unlike Jay Leno - refuses to spread around his enormous income. I do not know that for a fact but it sure seems that way. Howard has trouble parting with $500 for Wendy. He cannot stop talking about Robin's $800 wine. His favorite, JD, takes a subway to work in the middle of the night (at least he used to). It bothers him that Jeff and HP Eric, two damaged individuals, get government benefits.

Haters gonna hate.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
You've got to let this go. Leno did that once, and made a big public thing about it. For him, it amounted to the equivalent of me giving a homeless guy a nickel each day. During the writer's strike, Letterman (who owns a non-union production company) also paid workers out of his pocket, but he's not a narcissistic asshole like Leno, so it wasn't widely known.

Howard HAS given a lot of money over a long period of time to a lot of the people who appear on the show. He keeps a low profile on it for obvious reasons.

Reactions: microbob and JHDK

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It bothers him that Jeff and HP Eric, two damaged individuals, get government benefits.
It bothers just about everyone (but you) that HPE is chauffeured around like Donald Trump, while thousands of American war vets are sleeping on park benches. Eric gets a sickening amount of benefits.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i believe there was most likely some shady stuff that went down around the time that htv got canned. however i have a very hard time believing anything i read on message boards or youtube videos with distorted voices. thats one of the reasons this is my main stern board. on reddit everyone makes themselves out as if they have some inside info when they are obviously speculating. at least here at drc its clear we are all just expressing opinions and not trying to pass them off as hard facts.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
It bothers just about everyone (but you) that HPE is chauffeured around like Donald Trump, while thousands of American war vets are sleeping on park benches. Eric gets a sickening amount of benefits.
I assume he is getting the Access-A-Ride service that is all over NYC. It's hardly being chauffeured around like Donald Trump. I thought it was the general consensus among HSS fans on this forum that Howard is consumed by making money as a measure of manhood and that he is a pretty cheap guy when it comes to laying it out for humans.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I assume he is getting the Access-A-Ride service that is all over NYC. It's hardly being chauffeured around like Donald Trump. I thought it was the general consensus among HSS fans on this forum that Howard is consumed by making money as a measure of manhood and that he is a pretty cheap guy when it comes to laying it out for humans.
Why would anyone be a fan of someone like that?

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I complain about him too, and still listen. Although I think he's an out-of-touch hypocrite, but not a terrible person.

I thought it was the general consensus among HSS fans on this forum that Howard is consumed by making money as a measure of manhood and that he is a pretty cheap guy when it comes to laying it out for humans.
That's the opinion of many, even his listeners. However, I don't fully agree, and I've expressed that many times here. In areas where his lifestyle doesn't allow him to fully explore an area of interest - such as contemporary music - he does seem to equate money with success, because he doesn't have the time to evaluate with a different criteria. I don't believe he is personally consumed with making money - if he was, he'd be out there hawking a bunch of shit; but he does demand respect, which often equates to getting a contract deal that's appropriate.

He does not appear to be a big humanitarian. That's probably the "holocaust syndrome" rubbing-off from his mother.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard has a real monster side. There is no denying it. It's one of the things that draws us to him. I love love love a full-out tantrum. No one else... except maybe Imus... would reveal his true self, without shame, on radio or TV like Howard. Who could forget his lawsuit against Sirus? Every day ranting about not getting what was due him, about Sirius breaching it contract with him and about Sirius reneging on its promise make him a "partner". No one from Sirius dared to utter a word knowing what it would bring down upon them on-air. (In the end, Sirius basically won a no-hitter against him in the courts)

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I meant this:
I know that's what you meant (I think everyone did). My response is that one need not have a positive view of every facet of an entertainer, in order to remain entertained. In fact, Neigh points out that people love when he goes off the rails; and when he does, it's usually about something that he's being a total jerk about. So it's very possible to be entertained by someone with unlikable traits.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I know that's what you meant (I think everyone did). My response is that one need not have a positive view of every facet of an entertainer, in order to remain entertained. In fact, Neigh points out that people love when he goes off the rails; and when he does, it's usually about something that he's being a total jerk about. So it's very possible to be entertained by someone with unlikable traits.
He said they were "fans", not just entertained. "Fan" is short for "fanatic".

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Wow, the production of that interview was horrible. Was the main host walking around the room during the interview? She would get real quiet and then five seconds later she would be twice as loud like she would get far away from the microphone and then get right up on it.

I'm not sure why that former Howard TV guy felt like Howard or Sirius XM owed him anything. He was an employee of In Demand so why would those other entities pay him a severance?

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Wow, the production of that interview was horrible. Was the main host walking around the room during the interview? She would get real quiet and then five seconds later she would be twice as loud like she would get far away from the microphone and then get right up on it.

I'm not sure why that former Howard TV guy felt like Howard or Sirius XM owed him anything. He was an employee of In Demand so why would those other entities pay him a severance?

He's probably some guy we never heard of and they offered him $50 for the interview.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I listened to the whole interview. It should not be dismissed. Maybe there have been other candid insider interviews but I have never heard one. Lots of interesting stuff. The ex-Howard TV guy described a rather cold Howard who implied to the Howard TV people that their would be something for them in future but they never heard anything from him again. He talked about the way people are let go there without a mention. I am thinking Tim and Lisa G. He said the word came down from Marcy in writing that Howard was star and there was to be no competition from the likes of the behind the scenes show. He said Marcy ( is that her name?) was extremely powerful and that she is responsible for the PC Howard and long interview Howard. He said all of the staff was surprised and disappointed that Howard played AGT straight. He said Robin was affable and easy to work with. He dumped on poor old Gary for being arrogant, particularly after they went to Sirius, and for being absolutely unable to take blame for anything. He said as soon as something went wrong, Gary starting lying about his responsibility for anything. He and the interviewer had a laugh about the hour long Beth kitten interview. Worth listening to.

Reactions: Bark