Every MLB Game Now Available on Sirius Radios!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

SiriusXM and Major League Baseball Extend Agreement; Every Game Now Available on Sirius and XM Satellite Radios

> Subscribers get every MLB game through the 2021 season

> Live play-by-play of every regular and postseason MLB game, as well as select spring training and Spanish-language game broadcasts

Go here for schedules: MLB on Sirius - SiriusXM Radio

NEW YORK, Aug. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) and Major League Baseball announced today a six-year extension of their agreement, which will now make MLB game broadcasts available on both Sirius and XM satellite radios, starting today, August 19.

SiriusXM, which has been the Official Satellite Radio Partner of MLB since 2005, will continue to air live play-by-play of every regular and postseason MLB game, as well as select spring training and Spanish-language game broadcasts, through the 2021 season.

All MLB games will be available for the first time to subscribers with Sirius radios on either a Premier or All Access package. All MLB games will continue to air on all XM radios.

"Baseball has been an essential part of our programming lineup and we're very happy to extend our relationship with MLB to deliver the games to our subscribers for many years to come," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "We're especially pleased to now offer the games to SiriusXM subscribers whether they listen through Sirius radios, XM radios, the SiriusXM App or online."

"SiriusXM has been a valuable partner providing our fans with the ability to listen to every MLB game on the growing platform of satellite radio," said Tim Brosnan, MLB Executive Vice President, Business. "We are proud that Major League Baseball content has been an important contributor to the growth of satellite radio and we look forward to continuing this relationship into the next decade."

Live MLB game broadcasts are also currently available to all subscribers on the SiriusXM Internet Radio App and online at SiriusXM.com through SiriusXM's agreement with MLB Advanced Media, L.P., the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball.

In addition to MLB game broadcasts, SiriusXM will continue to offer baseball fans 24 hour coverage of their sport on the MLB Network Radio channel, available on channel 89 for XM subscribers and channel 209 for Sirius Premier subscribers. MLB Network Radio airs 365 days a year with daily shows hosted by former GMs, players and other baseball insiders, in-depth coverage of spring training, the winter meetings and other events, as well as simulcasts of certain MLB Network television programming, including the Emmy Award-winning studio show "MLB Tonight."

For more info visit MLB Network Radio - 24/7 MLB Talk - SiriusXM Radio.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Too bad it requires Premier, but I think a lot of that is because you can't easily determine which radios support the extended channels otherwise.

I always thought this was a spectrum-compromised situation on Sirius as to why they don't (as well as a licensing one). I hope they don't compress the hell out of it to make it fit.

Very cool though. We talk with a lot of people that'd love to have MLB but don't want to go to XM.

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
That will finally satisfy the Sirius subscribers now.

Definite. I think it's the only major piece of programming that you couldn't get with Premier.

I do hope we're not on the edge of a rate increase for it though. These pieces of sports content have been beating up the cost of TV services for a while.

jojopuppyfish

Nov 3, 2009
That will finally satisfy the Sirius subscribers now.

As a lifetime subscriber I am disappointed.
Lifetime Subscriber = Select Subscriber.
If I want premium I have to pay a 1 time upgrade at $100.
Other than MLB, Premium really doesn't offer a whole lot.
With the Lifetime sub, I still get all the internet channels for free

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Check out the SXM Homepage:

Dear SiriusXM Subscribers,
For the first time ever, ALL subscribers can now listen to every MLB® game on their radios. This includes Sirius radios. You can hear every game of the regular season, the Postseason, and the World Series®.

To celebrate this news, we’re offering listeners with active Sirius radios ONE FREE Week in the Major Leagues™. You can enjoy every MLB game plus every other premier channel in the Sirius Premier lineup.The Free Preview is going on now through August 26th.

We hope that you enjoy the next week and will continue to follow MLB on SiriusXM by upgrading to either a Sirius Premier or All Access package.

For complete details, a schedule of games, and channel listings, click here: MLB on Sirius - SiriusXM Radio
Play Ball!

Jim Meyer
CEO of SiriusXM

Last edited:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Any extended sports league agreement is a good thing. An extension to 2021 says satrad is in it to win over fans over a long term plan.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
The last NHL game I listened to was the game seven between the Penguins vs Red Wings :)

Back when I first started with Sirius, they would interrupt regular programming on channels for NBA and NHL games. This must be what he's referring to.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Sirius Subscribers- here's Today's schedule:

1:05 PM ET Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees SIRI 211

6:32 PM ET Tampa Bay Rays at Baltimore Orioles SIRI 212

6:55 PM ET Toronto Blue Jays at New York Yankees SIRI 211

7:03 PM ET Minnesota Twins at Detroit Tigers SIRI 213

7:05 PM ET Arizona Diamondbacks at Cincinnati Reds SIRI 209

7:05 PM ET Colorado Rockies st Philadelphia Phillies SIRI 217

7:05 PM ET Atlanta Braves at New York Mets SIRI 218

7:10 PM ET Los Angeles Dodgers at Miami Marlins SIRI 219

7:30 PM ET St. Louis Cardinals at Milwaukee Brewers SIRI 216

7:30 PM ET Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals SIRI 215

8:00 PM ET Washington Nationals at Chicago Cubs SIRI 220

8:05 PM ET Houston Astros at Texas Rangers SIRI 214

9:25 PM ET Seattle Mariners at Oakland Athletics SIRI 92

9:32 PM ET Cleveland Indians at Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim SIRI 93

10:05 PM ET Pittsburgh Pirates at San Diego Padres SIRI 218

10:15 PM ET Boston Red Sox at San Francisco Giants SIRI 217

machpost

Feb 18, 2009
This is great news. It'll come in handy when traveling.

But as usual, the free preview isn't showing up on my car's radio. The free previews of Premier never do, no matter how many times I send a refresh signal, even though my radio is capable of receiving those channels.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
This is great news. It'll come in handy when traveling.

But as usual, the free preview isn't showing up on my car's radio. The free previews of Premier never do, no matter how many times I send a refresh signal, even though my radio is capable of receiving those channels.

I hope to see what happens to my new car radio next week. My SL2 is sporting the xtra channels which feeds my fantasy football hunger through Labor Day weekend. Afterwards I'll log in and wifi the weekly shows et al.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC