Even if you cant help . Still a funny story .

HondaGod

Sep 8, 2009
I have had this piece of crap for 2 years now. The good old SL 10. Sirius should be ashamed of this unit and probably is. " CONSIDERING THERE OFF THE MARKET " these in my opinion suck so bad.. you should get in your car.. plug it in ... see that it is a piece of $$$$ . throw it 1ce or twice at the windshield ... " maby this will fix the problem George " and WOW ... it works ... oppp .. no it doesn't. Now become angry . What should i do... how about ... 160 mph on 5 freeway and chuck it at the pavement .... =) SOUNDS FUNN RIGHT ... NOW .... Do Sirius a favor . These kind of things are expensive . lolz . pull over and pick up what u can find . in my case about 3 pieces. put these in a box and send to Sirius ... this is what i did with 2 of them cause sirus thinks they are funny.

The reason i am posting is for all the peps with these things . THEY JUST SUCK >.<

My 1st SL 10

problem

would not charge . or for that matter pick up any kind a of Sat Signal. period

out the window at 160 after arguing with a Sirius tech for 3 hrs and sent it to him.

and of course i get another . haha not

My 2nd SL 10

problem

Firmware out of date.

call up Sirius . argue for 2 hrs and i get a firm update. cool right ... think again.
upon this "update" ooo. about 3/4 the way through .. the screen starts flashing . and all of a sudden a puff of smoke... NICE RIGHT

160 and out the window .. ship it back 4 pieces ... they like that... saves them time on dis dissassembly or something.

So now that i got my 3rd and final SL 10 ... that half ass works .. and are useless in my opinion .
problem .
Car kit dose not work period. " and no its not a SL 2 kit "
home dock dose not charge it.
USB to computer . Computer DOSE NOT RECOGNIZE THIS DEVICE.

i have Sirius studio.
I have device recovery = ran 5 times to be sure
done firmware up date and roll back.

LET ME PUT IT THIS WAY

i have argued with Sirius tech for hrs on end. THEY TREAT YOU AS IF YOUR A MORON with no common sense or and knowlage what so ever . They deny you of everything and are no help what so ever.

all i am tring to say is if u have any idea "geeks" whats wrong with these things. please let me know. I THINK ITS IN THE O.S. and Firmware
PLZ HELP

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If you are getting repacement units from Sirius, they are probably refurbished units (the ones they put together after beeing thrown out of car windows) so problems are not surprising.

I would upgrade to the SL2. It does have a memory corruption issue but that is controlled by a device recovery. Other than that, it is a great unit.

nafddur

Oct 18, 2008
I can only imagine what kind of thread would have come out of HondaG had he been around for those S50's!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I can only imagine what kind of thread would have come out of HondaG had he been around for those S50's!

hahah oh god i remember the giant headache that thing was. cool idea though, too bad it was rushed to market for stern. remember when he went on the daily show holding one. i was all about it and ran right to get it. it was like a furby or somethin, i had to go to about 5 stores to find the unit that would give me trouble for the next year or two.

-jhdk

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thats enough with the S50 talk... :duel:

I am on my 2nd S50. The reason why I replaced it is that my original wouldn't charge the battery anymore.

My first S50 lasted 3 years, so I got my moneys worth out of it, considering the troubles everyone else had.

At least I can do a device recovery and have the proper Channel Logos and Wallpapers!

(Except for Cinemagic and Pop2K, which should be The Strobe and Backspin, respectfully)

:cool:

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I have one that's been going for 3 years and one that was just replaced by a "new" one (never hooked up) after 2 years that works the nuts.

S50 is still the best Sirius has to offer. I have so many spare parts for them I'll be good for a while.