ESN Swap......

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by bigdaddyII, Oct 26, 2008.

1. I'm sure it's still in the name of the person that sold it to me. One year was included in the purchase. I thought it may open a can of worms with Sirius if I even pursued it.
  2. PEnGUiN188

PEnGUiN188 New Member

Channel swaps are free if your old radio "broke"
  3. sgip2000

sgip2000 Member

This really isn't any different than buying a used car with a factory XM radio.
  4. Thanks sgip, maybe I'll take that approach.
  5. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

Just swapped my radios. The rep told me that the first 3 swaps carry no charge.
  6. MM

MM Administrator

Do you have a Lifetime sub?
  7. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

No I dont, pay yearly.
  8. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

That doesn't seem to jive with the new $15 fee they've been applying. I'd bet the CSR got a bit confused between regular transfers and lifetime transfers. But since they don't have a regular (non-lifetime) transfer fee listed in their TOS they can pretty much do whatever they want.

On another fee-related note, I was looking through the TOS and noticed this:

"Late Fee: If we do not receive your payment by the billing due date, we will charge you a late fee until the delinquent amount is paid in full. We do not extend credit to customers and this late fee is not an interest charge. The late fee is currently $5.00 per month."

This is a subscription service where everything is paid up front, why the heck should they be allowed to charge you a "late fee" for deciding to discontinue your service after you have finished the time you have paid for? Every other non-contract service that I have will simply shut off if I were to stop making payments. I understand that this is due to their "auto renew" policy but it still feels like a scummy way of extracting extra money from their current customers; sort of like adding the ESN swap fee!
  9. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Some customers have invoice billing.
  10. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

But the invoice is for the next period of service right?
  11. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Yes. But if the cheque is delayed in the mail I assume this would involve the late fee.

I think they put it in there to cover their ass. Usually they cut the service if they have not received payment.