Enough with the phones!!

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
The more he becomes a "phone expert", the more things they get wrong...

Just be thankful he's not looking for the "perfect" SatRad device... :spit:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I think Howard thinks his fans are really interested and learning from this...Sometimes he is on target about certain products and movies....but lately. The man BOUGHT "Punisher War Zone" (and overpaid for it) after it tanked at the box office and everyone said it was unwatchable! It's not funny....just sort of sad.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Hey, I liked Punisher: War Zone... :)

Am I the only one, who, if I had Howard's $$$, would just get all the phones I am interested in, sign them up with temporary phone numbers in order to try them out for awhile, and once I make a final decision, I cancel/get rid of the phones and then commit to the one I want with the real phone number? What would that cost, probably under $1500?

Something about them talking about the phones holds my interest but it annoys me to no end when they get something glaringly wrong (3G = 3 Gigs)

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I love hearing them talk about technology. Sometimes it makes you want to scream at the radio when they make statements that are completely wrong.

It kinda reminds me of the days when he was convinced that OS2 Warp was going to be the next big thing in computing (you can thank Jeff Schick for that one...)

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
the phone topic is boring as hell. i mentioned this 2 weeks ago. i agree with you, enough already. i guess its just fill time

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
1) my blackberry threads the text messages. Not when looking at the list, but when I open one up, all the texts from that person show up below.

2) Who gives a shit about this feature? Texts are usually for short messages, not long back and forth conversations...

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
2) Who gives a shit about this feature? Texts are usually for short messages, not long back and forth conversations...

You would be surprised. I have one friend who now avoids voice conversations like the plague with everyone. He'll text out the ass though.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
You would be surprised. I have one friend who now avoids voice conversations like the plague with everyone. He'll text out the ass though.

But is he referring back to something he wrote 14 texts earlier?

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
But is he referring back to something he wrote 14 texts earlier?

Sometimes. The whole conversation is on the table.

Anyway, back to Howard: IMO, he should wait on that soon-to-be-released phone he already loves. If he's been on a dinosaur of a phone for this long, he should just wait some more. Normally, his rantings and neuroses are fascinating, but this topic just drums up mind-numbing technical jargon that isn't that entertaining.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Again, my bberry does that. Maybe the one he looked at wasn't on the newest firmware.

Most of the people I know that text a lot and exclusively do so because they have a texting plan but no data plan. Once you've got data, texting is a step backward. It's like the difference between writing on a sheet of paper vs little post it notes.