Enough of the rain already

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I think I drove through 70mi of hard downpour yesterday :worried:

It's going to be freezing very soon. Let's enjoy the fall before winter comes :shock:

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
I love the Fall and winter in AZ. Fall is awesome because we can open up windows turn off the AC and have a month and a half of really low power bills lol. Plus it's just nice.

But I love winters in AZ nights can get as cold as 25 degrees, and the days are in the 50's. I know for all you northern US and eastern US folks you think that's nothing but here that's effing cold!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I love the Fall and winter in AZ. Fall is awesome because we can open up windows turn off the AC and have a month and a half of really low power bills lol. Plus it's just nice.

But I love winters in AZ nights can get as cold as 25 degrees, and the days are in the 50's. I know for all you northern US and eastern US folks you think that's nothing but here that's effing cold!

Flagstaff is nice. I like it up there :)

The rest of the state is a little too hot for me, tho :worried:

But it's a dry heat :p

Goodeye

Oct 16, 2008
Arizona
Flagstaff is nice. I like it up there :)

The rest of the state is a little too hot for me, tho :worried:

But it's a dry heat :p

Ya I have lived in the Phoenix Metro area my entire life. Hell as kids we (and I kid you not) run outside on the sidewalk and pavement barefoot during the summers seeing who could last the longest across the sidewalk and pavements.

Err.... then again maybe the heat was messing with us haha.

Fall and winters in AZ are the best!

We had rain Wendsday here. That was actually awesome kept the temps real low. Ah I love this time of year!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Ya I have lived in the Phoenix Metro area my entire life. Hell as kids we (and I kid you not) run outside on the sidewalk and pavement barefoot during the summers seeing who could last the longest across the sidewalk and pavements.

Err.... then again maybe the heat was messing with us haha.

I grew up out in the Antelope Valley in CA. It got hot there, but not as hot as Phoenix. I'd walk outside on the hot sand without shoes sometimes. After a while you got used to it :shock:

We had no sidewalks where I grew up :worried:

littlerock ca - Google Search

We had rain Wendsday here. That was actually awesome kept the temps real low. Ah I love this time of year!

The smell of rain in the desert is the best! :D

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Why aren't you allowed to carry an umbrella? And what about a filthy pancho?

Umbrellas are not authorized for use with the uniform. Don't ask me. Navy personnel carry umbrellas. Airforce does as well. But not us. We get "winter parkas" that are water proof but designed for 0 degree temperatures. Not ideal during a summer rain storm.