Eminem Fans

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I'll admit, Eminem is my guilty pleasure. ever since I was way to young to listen tomhim, I would, and so this new album coming out got my feeling nostalgic. I already got a torrent of it, and am buying it, but Tonite on Shade 45 there is a 3 hour long 'prelapse' special hosted by Eminem and one other guy, and I just tuned in an hour into it, they are playing all the tracks off of the new album, with intros and stuff with Em himself. Interesting, and if you havent heard hte new album, tune in, replays at 12 tonite and sunday also. Check it out.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
He was on the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night. He arranged w/ Kimmel and somebody else to fly in the audience from Detroit and Flint, 2 Michigan cities that are being hit pretty hard with the auto industry turn down.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I caught a piece of the end of the prelapse special, and some of the new songs too. I discounted him when he debuted, but came around to enjoy some of his songs after getting Sirius and Shade where lots of his stuff is featured. But his flow, like Jay-Z, just isn't the same after the layoff. There's a few songs like 'underground' where his cadence and word selection is like amateur hour. It's almost as if he's self critiquing himself as he raps, questioning his lyrics instead of just letting it all go. Poetry is a young man's game. Haven't heard the entire album, but heard enough to not want to hear anymore.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I know what you mean about the flow and some of the lyrics just not feeling the same as they once were, However, this entire new album grew on me, and one of my favorites yet. (Eminem show and the slim shady LP are probably still number one though). "Old Times sake" and "Beautiful" and "stay wide awake" get a lot of playtime on my zune, but like I said, they are all good by me. Stuff like "insane" and "my mom" bring back a lot of the "shady" persona and are just plain ridiculous, but in a good way. I am looking forward to the next cd that will dorp in the fall.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
It is definitely growing on me. Some of the lyrics are quirky but I enjoy it. Some of the Underground lyrics have me cracking up.